Choosing the right strategy for trading is a strategy by itself

I want to share one very good idea with everyone.
This is not a trading strategy but a technique to determine which system to use and when. There are many systems available to use some are trend following systems like moving average crossover and some are oscillator based system which utilize indicators such as Stochastic, Rsi and William %R but if all these systems are good then why they work sometimes and sometimes they fail?

The reason is selection of a good system at wrong time.

We can overcome this problem with the use of one simple indicator ADX(14)

The level of ADX can help us to decide which system to use at a given point of time.
Now let me explain you how to accomplish this goal.

PLOT ADX(14) ON CHART FOR YOUR CURRENCY PAIR.
IF...

1)ADX is below 20 - USE OSCILLATOR BASED SYSTEM(RSI,STOCHASTIC ETC.)

2)ADX is above 30 - USE TREND FOLLOWING SYSTEM(MOVING AVERAGE,MACD ETC.)

3)ADX is at 45 or above it - BOOK PROFITS.(Wait for new entry)

4)ADX IS RISING FROM LEVEL BELOW 18 AND THEN GOING ABOVE 23 - USE TREND FOLLOWING SYSTEM.

5)ADX DECLINING FROM LEVEL ABOVE 30 AND THEN GOING BELOW 27 - USE OSCILLATOR BASED SYSTEM.

The above mentioned method will help you select right system at right time. This system selection technique works very well according to my experience.
I want to tell you again that this technique only helps to select right system at right time and it is not a holy grail.

I hope everyone will like this system selection technique and use it to improve their trading.I use this for trading in stocks and hope it will work well in the forex market.
A GOOD SYSTEM NEVER FAILS IT FAILS ONLY BECAUSE IT IS USED AT A WRONG TIME.

I hope everyone will like this system selection technique and use it to improve their trading.I use this for trading in stocks and hope it will work well in the forex market.
Buzzstop you havn't read the post properly.

raul12

hi sushil,

Thanks for your post....will try to utilize it.

I want to share one very good idea with everyone.
This is not a trading strategy but a technique to determine which system to use and when. There are many systems available to use some are trend following systems like moving average crossover and some are oscillator based system which utilize indicators such as Stochastic, Rsi and William %R but if all these systems are good then why they work sometimes and sometimes they fail?

The reason is selection of a good system at wrong time.

We can overcome this problem with the use of one simple indicator ADX(14)

The level of ADX can help us to decide which system to use at a given point of time.
Now let me explain you how to accomplish this goal.

PLOT ADX(14) ON CHART FOR YOUR CURRENCY PAIR.
IF...

1)ADX is below 20 - USE OSCILLATOR BASED SYSTEM(RSI,STOCHASTIC ETC.)

2)ADX is above 30 - USE TREND FOLLOWING SYSTEM(MOVING AVERAGE,MACD ETC.)

3)ADX is at 45 or above it - BOOK PROFITS.(Wait for new entry)

4)ADX IS RISING FROM LEVEL BELOW 18 AND THEN GOING ABOVE 23 - USE TREND FOLLOWING SYSTEM.

5)ADX DECLINING FROM LEVEL ABOVE 30 AND THEN GOING BELOW 27 - USE OSCILLATOR BASED SYSTEM.

The above mentioned method will help you select right system at right time. This system selection technique works very well according to my experience.
I want to tell you again that this technique only helps to select right system at right time and it is not a holy grail.

So I do good.. But I would like to ask you how you came to the conclusion? Have you tested with other indicators before ADX?

Will have to try this.

I myself face this problem ( selection of system and strategy). I am a beginner and still leaning TA. I do paper trading with moving average crossover , but moving averages work well on trending days , while on range bound days there are lots of whipsaws and so i get stopped out.

I'm still trying to figure out how i should trade on rangebound days:confused:

Everybody closely tracks Infosys Result...Is there anybody who is consistely making money on every Infosys quarter and if yes whats staregy?