Chat room has been reopened

Status
Not open for further replies.

looser

This comment is not only to you, but to many others who expressed the same opinion.

The purpose of the chat room is to discuss about trading. So I log in NOW, and see nothing of use being discussed. Does it stop me from asking useful questions?

IMO, if you have questions to ask, the chat room people will most likely help you. If you are looking for tips to make money right now ... yes, it is gossip going on. But that does not negate the chat room's availability for useful discussions.

The problem I have is most of the logged in people are looking for tips.

I think I have overstressed my point by now.

My personal opinion, chat room can be way more effective if a public transcript was available. Then people know what they write is not going to disappear and will be more cautious, also if someone wants to cull through the information seeking something useful, they can do that. I do not see anything wrong in putting the text public as the intent of the chat room is not socializing right?
I second this, we must have chat archives so that more transparency is there

chat room should be under strick observation and should be moderated live. and unuseful chatter should be given warning once , and on second time their chat access should be disabled

chat room should be under strick observation and should be moderated live. and unuseful chatter should be given warning once , and on second time their chat access should be disabled
When is the chatroom going to reopen?Please tell us admin :cool:

absolute.zero

Chat room should be closed forever, else one day this wonderful site will loose it shine.

PGDIMES

Anil, Rishi and all the members of TJ... who are in favour or against the re-introduction of chat facility in TJ... would ask you all to outline the advantages & disadvantages of adding this facility...

A. Advantages of having chatroom

1. Quick solutions to problems arising at the time of trading (if the chat is available during trading hours)

2. People can talk freely at chatroom knowing that his/her comments would not remain permanent in the forum... This encourages people to talk more freely and give their views (though it has a bad side-effect :) )...

3. As solutions come in real time in the chatroom, actions can be taken promptly

I can write many more... but would like people to add their points...

B. Disadvantages of having chatroom

1. Many members come to chatroom for tips and never bother to visit the forum after market hours

2. Many members take chatroom as the place for social loafing and sometimes use vulgar/lurid comments in absence of moderators... This may give a shock effect to the new members who visit the chatroom for the first time after enlisting their names in the forum (have some personal experience)...

Can add many more... But would like to hear from other members of TJ before the moderators and super-moderator can take a call on this...

Would like to request this discussion to be constructive and ask everyone to refrain from bashing others' views... :)

looser

I lot of us here access traderji from office, and firewalls dont allow chat rooms. Hence i support closure of chat rooms.
Khud to doobange, tumko bhi le doobange sanam.
:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.