Charts for the Day

What is this chart called? How do we read it and understand it? I guess this would help in picking up the sector and with which we can pick stock in that sector.
Dear sreeram,

Its a relative performance of different sectors w.r..t sensex. The idea is which sector is performing well and leading. My calculations are based on 250 trading days basis. One can also build from April to till date or from Jan to dec basis.
It depends on your analysis.

It also reflects relative strength component...Like if sensex making lower bottom and IT index making higher bottoms..its a early sign of relative strength buldup in IT.

Here we see performance of IT wrt sensex, if its started rising and sensex falling, it means IT started building up, or started accumulation.

Gold falling after failed test at 32400, prices showing weakness till date. As momentum indicators falling on long term, intermediate term and short term basis.
A positive divergence on short term is seen, and may prompt for a rally towards, 31000 levels. A break above 31500 on EOD basis is good. Failed to test it will bring towards lower levels.
A inside action going on bar of 20th december.
The fall from 32400 this time, seems to be more by impatient traders, as price action showing bigger black candles, closing at lows.
So keep watching 31500 for upside bias and 30150 break for downward bias.

Anil,

Happy new year. May lord ganesha shower all prosperity on you in this new year.

I am entering Hexaware in futures at 86.95. Your thoughts?

Regards
Sreeram

Dear Sreeram,
Already replied to Esse on this as on 14th december...
Here..
http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/69380-charts-day-33.html#post748370

Stock still not bottomed out as per me. Yes with close above 86.1-86.2, stock poised for a bounce till 89 levels. All levels are for cash.
So one can play with above outlook in mind. For a bounce only.

mangup

Dear Anil,

What is ur criteria for considering the stock to be entering into uptrend & buy on dip style of trading/investing?