Charts for the Day

Sir, but these short trades are out of question, as we are not trading futures, they must be exit signals if one was holding positional longs.

Vivek
vivekji,

yes these reading are only for cash markets...no futures...i never recommended shorting in stocks futures...These are cautioning to investors holding for short & intermediate timeframes...when structure gets weakening is it wise to step aside and watch the drama as it unfolds...

Sunnyraj

Anilji, while keeping stop loss as per ATR, most traders use 2ATR. Even in your previous posts you have written that you also use 2 ATR for initial SL.

So what is the significance of using it, why not use 3/4 ATR or any other number ?

Anilji, while keeping stop loss as per ATR, most traders use 2ATR. Even in your previous posts you have written that you also use 2 ATR for initial SL.

So what is the significance of using it, why not use 3/4 ATR or any other number ?
ATR is best for me to gauge volatility...2 ATR works best for me..i initially used 1.5 to...its just giving little space to trade to nurture...

Also initial SL of 2ATR gives a stop readings, and helps if AT doubles then our risk also doubles. as its 2 ATR stoploss...so ATR expansion prompts us to cut position...as now risk is getting doubled...so it helps in that way too...