Charts for the Day

vikas2131

Dear Vikasji,

Thanks...but i am following bata bit by bit is just to have emphasis on trading with plan...I know it is boring but ok, as long as its earning for you...

In this rise i have entered NTPC, L&T, Marico , Bata , TataSteel, Hindalco...
I am out in L&T, Hindalco...Just holding Full in Marico, NTPC and part in Bata and Tatasteel...
Anil ji
It is not boring when money is involved..

Anil ji
It is not boring when money is involved..
Dear Vikasji,

As majority of traders in TJ here intraday and positional ones, also most have only F&O based interests here...So trading in cash market involves time and patience...as stock takes time to turn up from your positions...sometimes its better entry sometimes you just get into middle and hold it till SL triggers...

So in that sense it sounds a little bit of slow process for those fast traders out there...

anil Trivedi,

can u pl post Why u went Long positionally in Marico, at what price u took the decision & why & what was yr Tgt & S/L.

Just for knowledge to understand yr way of analysis to go long.

Dear Rangarajanji,

I track stocks going in uptrend and consolidating are good for entry...as it is just a haul in its uptrend...this i learned from tracking Lupin and 'n' number of charts those who maintained...So key was to identify good consolidation zones...

Secondly how they are performing vs index...A improving relative strength is good sign for stock showing some sign of strength...

Marico as i am tracking it regularly, but just waiting for good entry, but stock just break the consolidation of aug-nov(2015) with good volumes...I am now waiting for a small retest...of this breakout zone...and stock did came with three legged correction on lower volumes...

I enter this small consolidation breakout zone with Sl at point 'A' as shown...
And trailing it since then...stock maintaining it uptrend, it came down in Jan-2016, i almost thought of getting out of it...But my change in strategy saved me from it...

I actually started trailing it with weekly charts, although stoploss was bit farther but if i need to ride it, i had to do it...As i am riding already on daily, i though of giving it flexibility and ride it with intermediate timeframe...

Believe me, this was my first trade which i was riding on intermediate timeframe...rest all i do on daily, so trade runs from few days-to few weeks... But this trade was running since 5 months, now i am into 6-month into it...

Targets for stocks hitting newer highs is difficult to arrive...but with fibonacci you can project and calculate retracement...which arrive at zone of 250 / 280-85...

But since i am trend following it, i am little concerning of target...This stock has left me with few learning lessons of trend following...

One of my observation is, i need to pyramid somewhere in Feb, when stock breaking up another consolidation to upside..that was sweet point...

------------------------
Adding to winning positions is a difficult thing...and if one needs to make money in stocks, this thing is necessary... i am slowly learning...but need to have few rules...how much to add...how far to add...

Dear Tpji,

Congratulations to you...your sincere efforts to help fellow traders have earned you respected position...

I still remember, during my postings here in this forum..you helped with how to 'attach images' with external upload links...while postings...

Good to have a senior member like you here in TJ...

rangarajan

Dear Tpji,

Congratulations to you...your sincere efforts to help fellow traders have earned you respected position...

I still remember, during my postings here in this forum..you helped with how to 'attach images' with external upload links...while postings...

Good to have a senior member like you here in TJ...
Many people had learnt & continue to learn from Timepass, how to attach images from external website link.

rangarajan

anil_s_trivedi; I track stocks going in uptrend and consolidating are good for entry...as it is just a haul in its uptrend...this i learned from tracking Lupin and 'n' number of charts those who maintained...So key was to identify good consolidation zones... Secondly how they are performing vs index...A improving relative strength is good sign for stock showing some sign of strength... Marico as i am tracking it regularly said:
anil Trivedi,

I must congratulate you for yr guts in holding to the stock with conviction to yr strategy.

Why? After yr entry, stock almost came near yr entry price after giving you considerable profit which you had not encashed as yr Tgt was much higher perhaps.

I used to wonder what strategy people follow to enter positionally.
One strategy that was posted here was Quadra by Savant Garde.
That was easy for lay man which did not require any skil, easy to follow & no room for subjectivity.
Rules were well defined like maths.
But the Tgt was also limited.

But yr method requires lot of skill, patience, guts & highly subjective & requires skill in chart reading.
But, Tgts are also very High.
Pain & Gain.
Not many people can do it.

Thanks for sharing & time.