Charts for the Day

Dear Insursi,

Just a disclaimer: I am long in it few quantities at 215 rest at 240...and premise is i had posted in this thread 'Metal' is relatively moving stronger compared to other sectors vs Nifty...in many of my earlier weekly analysis on relative performance, metal is just going consistently UP...Now this is easiest thing to figure out...

Another thing is, i am out of 50% positions in it at 290...This is a crucial zone of 290-300 , price if sustained above this can get towards 360-380 zone...But this is not in immediate basis...Let it show how its reacts here...
Sir
If possible kindly give your analysis with chart on Tata Steel. As it is hovering near weekly 100/ 200 SMA. Need to learn. Daily it is showing downside.
regards
Dear Nandamad,

It covered my expectation zone quite early...Next resistance is at 380-385 only...a zone from where it just moved in gaps(gap down)...So it will be a crucial S/R zone there...

Will post detailed chart tomorrow...

rangarajan

anil Trivedi,

Super analysis.

Today stock traded below the Low of yesterday's High vol bar.

So, no point in going long just because the %Dely is High which NSE Patasala says bullish indication.

Suppose this High vol bar combined with High %Dely to traded qty happened to be Bullish bar, is it a buy signal?

Or ,it is also possible in the coming days the stock can go up also because of high %Dely after correction?

And what is yr call on PFC?

rangarajan

anil Trivedi,

Dly chart Ibullhsgfin posted.

On 18/3, there was very High Vol, High %Dely to traded qty & it was a Bearish Bar, closing near the Low.

Still in the coming days, the stock went up above the High of that bar & even when the Low was breached, hardly five rs.

It justified Patasala.

Pl offer yr analysis, what & How we should look for to trade this .

Last edited:
Sir
If possible kindly give your analysis with chart on Tata Steel. As it is hovering near weekly 100/ 200 SMA. Need to learn. Daily it is showing downside.
regards

Dear Nandamad,

Tata Steel in in uptrend...but forming a momentum divergence on short term and intermediate term, so possibility of going sideways to down is high on cards...Now it is to be seen whether it corrects from here or make another attempt towards 385-395 zone...

This is my intermediate term expectation zone for tatasteel in coming months...Looking at S/R levels, 385-395 is crucial one, and will defy straight rise there...so a reaction warranted there, considering the previous fall from same zone...

If one is entering here, then keep SL of 340 on closing basis...Else intermediate term support at 315-320 is good place to enter...275-290 is now taken as long term support zone for this scrip,And it will be futile to attempt long below this...

anil Trivedi,

Super analysis.

Today stock traded below the Low of yesterday's High vol bar.

So, no point in going long just because the %Dely is High which NSE Patasala says bullish indication.

Suppose this High vol bar combined with High %Dely to traded qty happened to be Bullish bar, is it a buy signal?

Or ,it is also possible in the coming days the stock can go up also because of high %Dely after correction?

And what is yr call on PFC?
Dear Rangarajan,

Thanks for your kind words...Just having high delivery % is no strength..it may have effect in short term, but in intermediate term spanning few weeks, it needs to be analysed what stock is doing after getting high % delivery...

For me, the sell off with huge volumes and closing below months trading range is bearish...

First we need to understand, high volume is due to institutions meddling in, so it carries significance...now institutions dont buy/sell in one day...there trade spanned over few days to weeks...

High volume up bar with high% delivery is no guarantee that its a bullish trend underway...if specially happening after good run, it will be under scan as 'Climax' bar...so the context is important where it is occurring...

Just remember one thing while analysing volumes, for every effort put in, you must get desired result...else it is something else going underway...

anil Trivedi,

Dly chart Ibullhsgfin posted.

On 18/3, there was very High Vol, High %Dely to traded qty & it was a Bearish Bar, closing near the Low.

Still in the coming days, the stock went up above the High of that bar & even when the Low was breached, hardly five rs.

It justified Patasala.

Pl offer yr analysis, what & How we should look for to trade this .

Dear Rangarajanji,

As i said in earlier post..context is more important and not a single signal of high delivery %....

On 13th november, we witnessed huge selling bar, see the range..with high volumes but low delivery % of 32%...but if you see quantity delivered then its a huge figure of 54.9 lacs...

So you need to see this thing also, 'quantity delivery'...See the reaction thereafter stock bounced off...and we traded in the range of the same bar...So clearly institution hands there...

Now the same climax lows get tested in Feb-2016 but no volume supply coming, so stock reversed and moving up...A classic case of supply test done here...

After that watch how stock moved up, in few up bars with above average volumes it touched 680 zone...now in march we got a reaction, and stock moving down...on 18th March, we got down bar with huge volumes...Here delivery & was 62% and quantity delivered was 36.9 lacs...

So your question is why stock now moved down from here on...

Because see stock is actually formed well toned base...and we are moving up in march with good volumes, only a day of reaction out there cant be classified as selling...As on larger context infact we had formed well toned bottoming out there...

And we also missed this follow up weakness after that 18/3 bar...it should have raised doubt, is it really selling that done there...

----------------------
Now, in chart i posted on Jubilant food, you missed those trendlines...Stock broken 3-month green trendline and 2-month channel (red dashed)...at same time...we got volumes...and formed big range down day...

Now its not like that stock cant be bounced from here on...it can from lower support levels...But one thing got clear now that strength sign will be above getting into range 1210-1225 and then moving up from there on...till then its a weak case...

rangarajan

anil_s_trivedi; As i said in earlier post..context is more important and not a single signal of high delivery %.... On 13th november said:
anil Trivedi,

Too complicated for an average intelligent trader.:) ( in my opinion )

I am asking a simple advise :

When a High vol Bar/ High Dly bar occurs, what is the thump rule for entry Long for Short term.

By this i mean what one or two imp factors one should look into to take a calculated risk for long or is it just not possible to state in isolation.

Last edited: