Charts for the Day

Hi Anilji,

Can you please share sector comparison?

Also let me know the symbols for different sectors and where can I get it?

Thanks
Amruta

I had posted sectoral indices from both NSE as well BSE...
There are advantages/disadvantages of one over other exchanges...BSE indices are more robust and very well respect trendlines studies...whereas in NSE you get volume with sectoral indices also there are indices like CNX Media, which is missing in BSE...

You will get both exchanges data from their websites...In their indices link you will get historical data....if you face any problem then reply here...

IT is still under pressure also notably it i trading below 50 and 200 SMA's...so all is not well into it...

There is a hint of defensives cropping up , indicating market players shifting slowly into it...See FMCG already above 50/200 SMA's and pharma now lingering 0.35% up above 200 SMA's....

I didn't get exactly the bold line meaning. Are you meant --- smart money already accumulated FMCG and Pharma sectors?

Thanks
Dear insursi,

Yes, i mean smart players have started shifting to defensives...Also the added confirmation is from a a relative strength ranking list of stocks in overall NSE universe...

Pharma stocks have started to figured out in 98-99 percentile, while also some of FMCG stocks too have started to get into list in top percentiles...

Anil'ji can v say distribution is going on..volume is coming but price not responding..but confusion is that in down bars volume also decreasing
Dear Raviji,

Monsanto trading in a sidweways after a good in may...As prices holding well above 200 SMA the benefit here goes to bulls...After a brief uptrend, if volumes on downbars is not increasing then its benefit to bulls, as it implies controlled selling going on...

Hi Anilji,

What does table in post # 2783 represents and how it can be helpful to an individual?

Thanks
Amruta
Dear Amrutaji,

Its the basic table giving us a snapshot of performance of different sectors in specified period. How sector performed over past 1-week, 1-3-6-12 months...

Its gives a quick look and we can say which sector is performing well over past 3-months...which are lagging...

Another interesting thing to look is, if sector is leading over 12 months period,then how we can say its cooling down...first it will spread its weakness over 1-week, then we will get weakness in 1-3 months reading...as soon -3-months is getting into red, you need to be cautious in that sector it implies, intermediate trend is loosing out and if there is a serious weakness, then it will spread over 6-12 months period...

similarly, if any sector is consistent red, then first sign of life will appear on 1-week change...if its coming green, then you should look at into that sector, 'may' be opportunities are coming in...