Chart window freezes and becomes brown in Diet Odin

Hello, I am using windows 2000 with 448mb ram.
In the middle of a trading session, the charts freeze and the chart window becomes brown color, i can't view the charts until i restart Diet Odin.
I have good amount of free ram, cacheman shows over 130mb of free ram always. i have a large pagefile. i don't know what the problem is. My motherboard supports maximum of 512mb of ram. is their any solution for this problem? even if ram upgradation is the only solution, i can only add 64mb.
i have already reinstalled odin, before that i deleted the registry entries. so everything is clean. and yes, i have closed all the background running apps. i only use diet odin, i don't do multitasking. so plz help. i have to restart odin 5 times a day. it is frustrating.

jagankris

Hello, I am using windows 2000 with 448mb ram.
In the middle of a trading session, the charts freeze and the chart window becomes brown color, i can't view the charts until i restart Diet Odin.
I have good amount of free ram, cacheman shows over 130mb of free ram always. i have a large pagefile. i don't know what the problem is. My motherboard supports maximum of 512mb of ram. is their any solution for this problem? even if ram upgradation is the only solution, i can only add 64mb.
i have already reinstalled odin, before that i deleted the registry entries. so everything is clean. and yes, i have closed all the background running apps. i only use diet odin, i don't do multitasking. so plz help. i have to restart odin 5 times a day. it is frustrating.
Chetan - Time to upgrade your PC/OS/RAM every thing :).

Yeah, but i was hoping some traders might have discovered some registry tweak or something to stop this problem. Angel's site mentions minimum 128mb ram but i have more than the minimum. I myself have done all possible things like reducing the hardware acceleration, using only one chart, etc... none worked.
I will install winxp on another partition and hope odin will work without crashing.
in the meantime any comments and solutions are welcome.

yusi

If it gives you some heart, I've used Odin Diet under WinXp on a machine with Intel Pentium 3 and 256 MB RAM. Odin startup was extremely slow and one could see columns getting resized to workspace widths in slow motion. However, once started, the performance was almost the same as in a dual core machine with 2 GB RAM. The market watch window had 30+ scrips.

The major difference was that I had not used Odin charts. For charts, QuoteTracker was open simultaneously (that used up memory). Sometimes, if I also had a browser and card game open, Odin would freeze and had to be restarted; otherwise Odin would cover the trading day. Of course there were no background apps, no virus checker, etc. There were no particular registry tweaks done, but WinXp was as lean as could be made and services were minimized.

For the time spent to get things to work, follow jagankris's advice. :)

to get out of this problem i bought a new computer with latest configuration in may but to my surprise the problem which i mentioned in my first post continued to happen everyday. Thankfully, Angel released an updated version of Diet Odin in june which now has completely erased this horrible problem.