Charges other than Brokerage for Stock Exchange Transactions

rajputz

turnover * price.....

at the eod the brokerage firm updates the data.....brokerage of ur trading company and additional taxed of sebi are dedcuted at the eod. they are added extra after words...After these are calculated you recieve the daily activity report with you total profit or loss.

Brokerage is always applied to the turnover at the eod....turnover is widout brokerage....that is the reason that you may check that your total profit loss in you net positions was showing to be 1000 rs. but in the activity reports it is telling the loss of 2000 Rs. only reason is that brokerage is calculate at the EOD. As far as i have seen five brokerages with the same criteria, where calculations are done at EOD.

Logik

nice info.......really helpful.

i tried doing something like this long back for my personal recirds.....but not with accuracy as urs.

Q1. Whts current rate service tax? (guess arnd 10.36%)

Q2. from where u collected this info? just curious

Last edited:

rajputz

it is from some official sites giving information regarding brokerage...i collected them long ago, when i started trading...it took me long to prepare it whole...now i am with my brokerage for last 7-8 months and know that total brokerage for me is .031% on future, .048% on intraday, and .48% on cash. and this brokerage is single leg. So once i did my calculations, i have hardly calculated them again. All the other charges are same till date. if their would have been any changes, then we must have got message from our brokers.

rajputz

STT to be abolished. Securities Transaction Tax will be abolished because the exemption for long-term capital gains will be withdrawn altogether. May be it will happen after the budget comes.

Thats what i have heard some where...will update it once in effect...

alroyraj

@Rajputz One doubt I have is for options brokerage the usual brokerage is 2.5% of premium or Rs 100 minimum. So are all these regulatory charges like transaction ,turnover ,stamp and STT charged on Rs 100 or are they included in it?

rajputz

Very informative calculation structure. Thanks for that but as per the structure you have given I wonder if the same is calculated for me by HDFC. As being a new trader and this is my first trading with small amount.. I am attaching a Image files of my transaction report from HDFC. Can anyone please let me know extact % those are being calculated so that I can keep track of those through excel.

Thanks in advance and regards to all

Aneel

Attachments

rajputz

rajputz

Very informative calculation structure. Thanks for that but as per the structure you have given I wonder if the same is calculated for me by HDFC. As being a new trader and this is my first trading with small amount.. I am attaching a Image files of my transaction report from HDFC. Can anyone please let me know extact % those are being calculated so that I can keep track of those through excel.

Thanks in advance and regards to all

Aneel
HDFC might have given you some brokerage plan according to which they will be charging you. For eg. ventura has given me this plan: -

1. 0.02% on Intraday , sell side only.
2. 0.2% on Cash or delivery, sell side only.
3. 0.02% on Futures, Options i dont trade so dont know abt it.

According to these i can calculate my brokerages easily by adding other charges as given in the table below: -

Total: - Intraday 0.08220%, Futures 0.05684%

The brokerage structure mentioned in the above table is the hidden charges or we can say the additional charges other then brokerage which are always payable. Most of the broker wont tell you thatso whenever some broker tell you that they are giving you this brokerage then just add the above mentioned.

For example: -
If you a share in intraday (Same day square off) of XYZ company at price say 100. Then total price of the share you should consider is 100 X 0.08220% i.e. = 100.0822 Rs.
This means is that until and unless you sell the above share above 100.0822, you didnt gained any profit, because until that part you have paid price of the share plus the brokerage. So if you sell the share on 100.50 then total profit you made is not 50 paisa but 100.50-100.0822 = 42 paisa appx.

Calculate your brokerage as per the above table. it will help you.

Rajputz many thanks but being NRI i cant trade Intraday . I cant sell till T+2. So what does these types of shares called? I tried hard to search here but what i found was service tak payable 10.30% (brokerage *10.30%) = 5.15 (but the transaction report as i have display in the image above shows 5.16) but still i cant find STT, Stamp duty payable, Transaction charge payable

Sorry to be soooo novice!!

Regards
Aneel

Last edited: