Cell phone Trading

Im intrested in cellphone trading. But, I dont know about it.

1. which cellphone / smart phone is best for trading?
2. which broker is giving best service in this catagery?
3. Im using excel calculation. Which cellphone/smartphone available this type of feature?
4. 3G service is must for trading?

ananths

Im intrested in cellphone trading. But, I dont know about it.

1. which cellphone / smart phone is best for trading?
Any smart phone should be OK with Android
2. which broker is giving best service in this catagery?
You can install NSE NOW, Nest application
3. Im using excel calculation. Which cellphone/smartphone available this type of feature?
I have not used in a phone..so no idea
4. 3G service is must for trading?
3G gives you better speed but 2G is also fine for trading
I tried in Samsung galaxy tab 2 and now using LG optimus P715 II...its just 4.3" screen. I'm using it just to trade. I dont have any charting software in phone.

ananths

Hi,

I have taken a new 3G prepaid SIM from Aircel. I'm not getting expected speed. Whenever I check the speed using speed net application, it shows less than 0.22 Mbps speed. I think its quite less. Very rarely I got above 1 Mbps speed.

Any idea why it's so slow? I get full signal strength and it shows as 'H' at signal. I think that is the symbol for 3G signal.

If you know what could be the issue..please share. Tried customer care but they say same set up repeatedly and they don't have any idea about it for sure. :D

Thanks / Ananth

akhill

Hi,

I have taken a new 3G prepaid SIM from Aircel. I'm not getting expected speed. Whenever I check the speed using speed net application, it shows less than 0.22 Mbps speed. I think its quite less. Very rarely I got above 1 Mbps speed.

Any idea why it's so slow? I get full signal strength and it shows as 'H' at signal. I think that is the symbol for 3G signal.

If you know what could be the issue..please share. Tried customer care but they say same set up repeatedly and they don't have any idea about it for sure. :D

Thanks / Ananth
H means, HSDPA(not sure of the abbreviation). the single strength goes as such Edge < HSDPA < 3G. you need to get 3G at the place of H, so as to be sure that 3G signal is being received. may be aircel doesn't have good coverage at your place or else you would get a 3G. Edge/Hsdpa can browse net only with 512 kbps.

ananths

H means, HSDPA(not sure of the abbreviation). the single strength goes as such Edge < HSDPA < 3G. you need to get 3G at the place of H, so as to be sure that 3G signal is being received. may be aircel doesn't have good coverage at your place or else you would get a 3G. Edge/Hsdpa can browse net only with 512 kbps.
Hi Akhil,
Thanks for your reply. I'm in Bangalore and surely 3G network is available here. Will try to ask cust care again...may be there is any other setup i'm missing.

ananths

Dear Akhil,

I did some searching on google and found that H (HSDPA) is an enhancement of 3G. Hence I feel the signal I'm getting should be faster than 3G.

"HSDPA(High-Speed Down-link Packet Access)
It is based on the 3G network and an enhancement to 3G. Thus has a faster speed, download speed can be up to 14Mbps. HSDPA is sometimes called 3.5G."
Source - http://www.nairaland.com/1096698/differences-between-gprs-edge-3g

Thanks / Ananth.

akhill

Dear Akhil,

I did some searching on google and found that H (HSDPA) is an enhancement of 3G. Hence I feel the signal I'm getting should be faster than 3G.

"HSDPA(High-Speed Down-link Packet Access)
It is based on the 3G network and an enhancement to 3G. Thus has a faster speed, download speed can be up to 14Mbps. HSDPA is sometimes called 3.5G."
Source - http://www.nairaland.com/1096698/differences-between-gprs-edge-3g

Thanks / Ananth.
ohh.. with my airtel, when in H mode I get less speed and when in 3G mode I was getting more... that's y I thought that way. thanks for the info.

Is there any trading platform for cell phone or tab which works similar as NOW & shows best 5 bids & can be used both with android & windows phone?