Carry forward an intraday position...how?

Hello,
I often hear on TV analysts suggesting to carry-forward the intraday positions in case the price target is not met.

How is this done in intraday trading...as I don't see option in my trading terminal to do it. I am using SBI Securities.

Many Thanks
Ujjwal

rajeabc

Hello,
I often hear on TV analysts suggesting to carry-forward the intraday positions in case the price target is not met.

How is this done in intraday trading...as I don't see option in my trading terminal to do it. I am using SBI Securities.

Many Thanks
Ujjwal
its not possible in cash , as I know. It could be in Future , option or you can get your cash intraday position to delivery

Sbi securities is the worst terminal for intraday trading
there service there response for complain is very worst

so change your broker
either sharekhan, smcindiaonline, indiafoline the best terminal

Sbi securities is the worst terminal for intraday trading
there service there response for complain is very worst

so change your broker
either sharekhan, smcindiaonline, indiafoline the best terminal
@avd.2066: I asked whether this is possible or not in intraday trading. I dont need your suggestion which trading terminal is good or bad, please live with your opinions.

If you know how this can be done in cash segment, even in your favorite trading terminal, kindly share, otherwise dont even bother to reply to this post.

asnavale

Hello,

Many Thanks
Ujjwal
Hi Ujjwal,

Carry forward of an intraday position in cash segment depends on your broker. Some brokers allow it and most of the brokers insist on squaring off same day. You have to find out from your broker whether it is possible and if yes then how to do it and for how many days you can carry forward.

-Anant

praveen98

hi,
my broker allows me to carry forward long positions for T+2 days but short position is allowed for intraday only.

may be analysts are talking about long positions in cash and long aswell as shortpositions in futures.
All the best

I use icicidirect.com. There I can take carry forward the intraday LONG positions before the cut off time. The term tehy use for it is : 'Take Delivery' instead of 'SQUARE OFF' on the same day.

FOr SHORT positions everywhere its an intraday square-off. By virtue of its type, shorts can never be carried forward. Otherwise, on a falling market everyone wud like to SHORT today and buy back on 5th trading session @ a lower price [:D]