Career in Stock Market (Intraday Trading)

Stock Certifications and Learning.

Hello Friends,

I am currently working in the field of networking, thereby handling responsiblities like design, implemetation, etc.

From last couple of months, i hv been constantly focusing on stock market and am very fascinated abt the kind of stuff u can do in stock market like analysis, forecast, data computation and comparison, prediction, etc, which, in real sense are my key interest and i am really good in maintaning and computing data.

From past 4 weeks, i hv started reading economic times and try to analyse stocks and started with a small investment on the basis of my observation (as tats the only technical thing i hv wit regards to stocks), and the outcome was small gains and equal amount of loss. But tats where i hv learned few more things from my mistake.

Now, i want to make my passion as my obsession and wanted to dedicate my entire life into stock market. As i am from science student, i hv come up with the following steps i can do to hv a gr8 future in stocks...
1) Learn basics of accounts to understand financial terms.
2) Persure MBA in finance to hv in-dept knowledge

-------or-------
1) Persue certifications available on BSE website. (Kindly suggest the certifications, if applicable)

--------or-------
1) Persure CFA (possibly all 3 levels).

So dear friends, i really need ur advice/opinion so that i can walk along a right direction with a right approach... Thanks to all.. :)

oilman5

Re: Stock Certifications and Learning.

Congrats !!!! u have come Right place.Here u shall find many a like minded X.
Yes cfa may little bit.
Persuing MBA hopeless.........as teacher themselves , dont know.........this field( i am telling, as i collected those papers)
Definitely learning through BSE improves knowledge.
Best learn through corporate bridge academy and ofcourse through market.
Use 4shared to collect books ........and start reading;Try to join in this field.......normally it takes 10 yr ........to know the market .
Hope it helps

Hello Friends,

I am currently working in the field of networking, thereby handling responsiblities like design, implemetation, etc.

From last couple of months, i hv been constantly focusing on stock market and am very fascinated abt the kind of stuff u can do in stock market like analysis, forecast, data computation and comparison, prediction, etc, which, in real sense are my key interest and i am really good in maintaning and computing data.

From past 3 months, i hv been learning various forms of technical analysis like Candlesticks, SMA, EMA, Stocastic indicators, etc. Based on these, i am able to make small profits wit equal amount of loss.;) Now, i want to make my passion as my obsession and wanted to dedicate my entire life into stock market. My obsession/goal is to become an intraday trader. So dear friends, i really need ur advice/opinion so that i can walk along a right direction with a right approach.

1) I want to know how wud persuing NCFM help me in achieving my goal?
2) Will i get a job in financial/broker,etc institutes where i can learn, gain experience and gradually be my own?
3) Is there any other certification or course that can help me achieve my goal?
4) Wat are the various ways through which 1 can become a member of NSE/BSE and can sit inside the building and trade?
5) Some1 told me tat Indian stock market works on good contacts/rumours and not on techincality. Is it true?

Kindly suggest me guys. Thanx in advance. :thumb:

Sunny1

Hello Friends,

From past 3 months, i hv been learning various forms of technical analysis like Candlesticks, SMA, EMA, Stocastic indicators, etc. Based on these, i am able to make small profits wit equal amount of loss.;) Now, i want to make my passion as my obsession and wanted to dedicate my entire life into stock market. My obsession/goal is to become an intraday trader. So dear friends, i really need ur advice/opinion so that i can walk along a right direction with a right approach.

2) Will i get a job in financial/broker,etc institutes where i can learn, gain experience and gradually be my own?
4) Wat are the various ways through which 1 can become a member of NSE/BSE and can sit inside the building and trade?
5) Some1 told me tat Indian stock market works on good contacts/rumours and not on techincality. Is it true?

No. is correct answer for all 5 question. it is not regular 9-5 job.
well there are few firms who hire traders. but i dont know any. there are few threads in tj about this you will get info.

membership details are there on nse website.

basically in stock market you buy/sell share or derivatives like f n o. for the profit. and it is done thru a broker. thats it.

all you have to do is study and observe the market and shares every day and make your own plan to trade. you trade and gain experience.

columbus

Hello Friends,

Hi Jatin,

Just concentrate on your present job only.Once good savings are made,
then you think of becoming trader ,for that you need to get support from
many.Meanwhile track the markets.

rangarajan

Jatin,

I fully agree with Columbus.
You are young & concentrate on yr present job or find a Good job.
Stock Trading as a career,an Emphatic NO.
To my knowledge,in my 18yrs of trading,i am yet to come across a person including myself who has made money worth saying.
Knowledgeable persons of this Forum like Traderji,saint,savant & others who perhaps make consistent profit,i have not seen to my illuck.:)
In other fields,activity & performence are under yr control & at the end of the day money is earned 100%.
But stock mkt is only probability & influenced by so many external factors beyond our control.
It is full of tension not commensurate with the profit earned ,if any.
So,dont take a decision in haste.Mkt will be there for ever & no hurry.

Best of luck.

So, if I get this right...

We are in the same boat.

I, too, am obsesses with Share Market. I haven't been a regular player in this industry, but I am a quick learner. I am an Engineering student and I never knew about the BSE certification that we could avail.

I cannot advice you, but I am here to throw in a quick "Hi." And yes, you can do it. This is a huge market, and from the way I see it, all you need is common sense, analysis and luck.

Like someone said on the thread, doing MBA isn't going to help. Maybe. But what if you could get a seat in a good college, and a great professor would definitely be of some help. Plus you have a double-degree.

Good luck, man!