canmoney and sbicapsec trading platforms not supporting LINUX , any solution?

I recently installed the following on my eee pc 1000h laptop
Linux (easy peasy 1.6) that comes with Kernel 2.6.32-21-generic
web browser mozilla firefox 3.6.13
java 6 updater 22

I tested the web based trading platforms of both sbicapsec and canmoney but their site doesn't work as it works with Internet Explorer +windowsXP.

There are few issues I noticed, The applet doesn't allow me to right click on the "scrip" so that I could create my own profiles/stock watch list.

The buttons at the bottom of the screen for placing Orders are not being displayed properly, I guess some buttons are not displayed at all.

I tried wine with playonlinux and IEs4Linux too to get the internet explorer working on Linux, but they are not of any help. I tested other webbrowsers like googlecrome and opera too on linux.

I have come into Linux full fledgedly due to Security reasons and I am no way going back to windows or internet explorer.

I have spent considerable amount of time writing my own programmes and scripts for stock market etc on Linux, so now I can't even go back to Windows anymore.

Please let me if anybody has any solution to get the stock trading platforms of both SBI and canarabank working under Linux.

regards,
Ramakrishna

Iam quite recent to using canmoney and i found some hurdles using canmoney in ubuntu 16, but is resolvable.

Firstly, canmoney requires java 7 or 8 (sun java) to be installed in ubuntu.
choose the right version using:
sudo update-java-alternatives -l
the above command will list all the versions of pre-installed java
choose the correct version 8;
sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-8-oracle

Secondly, set the popup menu to open in firefox mozilla ( preferences ---> contents ---> uncheck: block popup menu)

Thirdly, find the the key binding of your operating system to open right click menu, (in ubuntu it is : shift+fn F10) to open the right click popup menu for each script.

then buy/sell order can be easily executed...

Jana