Can you rate my Mutual fund Portfolio.

Hi,

I am new to mutual funds and have stated investing in below schemes.. Can you please rate my portfolio and suggest me if I have invested in any of the wrong schemes..

1. L&T MidCap Funds - 2k
2. DSP BlackRock Tax Advantage - 5k
3. ICICI Prudential Equity and Debt Funds - 4k
4. SBI Blue Chip Funds - 5k
5. tata Equity P/E Fund -
6. Kotak Cooperate Bond - 2k

Subhadip

Hi,

I am new to mutual funds and have stated investing in below schemes.. Can you please rate my portfolio and suggest me if I have invested in any of the wrong schemes..

1. L&T MidCap Funds - 2k
2. DSP BlackRock Tax Advantage - 5k
3. ICICI Prudential Equity and Debt Funds - 4k
4. SBI Blue Chip Funds - 5k
5. tata Equity P/E Fund -
6. Kotak Cooperate Bond - 2k
good selection, but my suggestions:

For 20 K, not more than 4 funds of them one multi cap, 1 LArge cap ELSS, 1 Mid Cap & 1 small cap or sectorial

multi cap- Kotak Select Focus
ELSS- AXIS
Mid Cap--many there ..
last- SBI Blue Chip

Purely my view...

pretty good portfolio you've created. Since you opted some debts (through hybrid) investments, I can say that you are risk neutral. And for that profile, it's not advisable to invest heavily in mid cap. Take half of them to large cap of your next desired large-cap fund as you're very good in selection.

This looks good selection but for 20k it can be tweaked a bit.
Always try to have a mix of small,mid and large cap fund. And avoid more than 4-5 funds as its difficult to manage.
You also need to review the holdings of these funds, if they are holding almost the same stocks then there is no point.
In my opinion i would recommend

Small cap - SBI Small cap / Reliance Small cap fund / L&T Emerging Business Fund - Direct Growth option
Large & Mid cap - Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip fund - Direct Growth option
Large cap - ICICI Blue chip / Reliance Large cap fund - Direct Growth option

Funds selection should also depend on following factors:

What are your goals ?
How old are you and what is your time horizon ?
What are your expectations from your portfolio ?
Do you have an emergency corpus ?
Make sure your goals align with your portfolio ?
How much is your risk appetite ?

If you want to see the good results you need to have patience and give it time to grow.
Also you need to keep on reviewing the performance of these funds and switch if required.

Thanks,
Satyajeet