Can we check the stockcharts of one broker and trade in another?

kingsmasher1

This may be a dumb question but still asking (mainly from intraday perspective, where seconds matters) -

I have accounts with Sharekhan and will be opening one with zerodha.
Sharekhan's tradetiger is great, but their brokerage sucks.

Is it safe to check Sharekhan's TT and trade in zerodha? I know it should be same, as it all boils down to what the actual equity price is, in the NSE/BSE, but can it happen that there might be some lag between the two, and i see different results? After-all, it is a server which caches results from the stock exchange, and one broker might be having a lag, and the other a different one.

Has anybody tried it?

Yes, you can do that
But you have to be fast enough to do it.
There is a possibility of price difference, though not necessary (may be or may not be)

I use to have a charting software and a trading platform, something similar to what you are talking of, both opened side by side.

Mukr

This may be a dumb question but still asking (mainly from intraday perspective, where seconds matters) -

I have accounts with Sharekhan and will be opening one with zerodha.
Sharekhan's tradetiger is great, but their brokerage sucks.

Is it safe to check Sharekhan's TT and trade in zerodha? I know it should be same, as it all boils down to what the actual equity price is, in the NSE/BSE, but can it happen that there might be some lag between the two, and i see different results? After-all, it is a server which caches results from the stock exchange, and one broker might be having a lag, and the other a different one.

Has anybody tried it?

Yes, you can do that but any broker will not like that.. I rather suggest you use 2 broker accounts. Use one as the main account and use others as a substitute. I used to have an account with Zerodha for many yrs but after that, I changed to Fyers because their charting and brokerage fees is perfect. Try their 30 days challenge. Tradingview is gamechanger, i can directly trade on charts with setup on my charting..easy to change orders just by drag and drop. Worth it for me.. don't know about you.
5.jpg
6.jpg
Attached screenshots of their platform