Can someone help me breakdown the fees I received from trading on Zerodha?

I know this might be a bit long but I really would appreciate some help with this.

I'm very new to trading and I just recently started to trade on Zerodha. I won't bore you with the details but I traded for 2 days and on the first day I made 12 trades, thought I was +Rs 127 and this was the margin statement I received
Capture.PNG

I was in the red by Rs 8.13. So the next day I traded around 100+ times and my net total was +Rs 500ish, but the total this time showed it as Rs 356. The margin statement I received for that day was

Capture.PNG

This time I was in the red by Rs 1144. Can someone break this down for me? I used margins both times I traded as well. Is it the number of trades that were executed which caused the large hike in the fees?

The trades themselves if they're relevant are:
Day 1
Day 2

Thanks!

traderhardrock

Dont you think,
there are expanses (brokerages and various taxes) chargeable on every trade.

Dont you think,
there are expanses (brokerages and various taxes) chargeable on every trade.
I know there are charges for each trade, but I couldn't figure out the right way to calculate them. The taxable value of supply and STT especially, how exactly would I go about calculating it per trade? And did my use of margins influence the fee I had to pay as well?

gautam7821

Fee = order * .00055

it is just a rough estimate + stamp duty extra depending on the state of residence.

Example . If you buy 1 share of Rs. 100 each
fee = 100*.00055
=.055

To be precise Fee = order value x .005647

To sum up,6 paisa for a 100 rupee share on both buy/sell. (intraday only).

If your single trade is more than 2 lac , then fee will be less as for a single trade zerodha won't charge more than Rs.20.

*edited

Last edited:
Fee = order * .00055

it is just a rough estimate + stamp duty extra depending on the state of residence.

Example . If you buy 1 share of Rs. 100 each
fee = 100*.00055
=.055

To sum up 6 paisa for a 100 rupee share on both buy/sell. (intraday only).

If your single trade is more than 2 lac , then fee will be less as for a single trade zerodha won't charge more than Rs.20.
Does this take into account all of the charges or just the brokerage charge?

gautam7821

Last edited: