Can L&T touch Rs.10000 in 5 Years ?

Given the strong fundamentals of L&T & its 8 subsidiaries coming shortly (1-2 yrs.)can this scrip touch 10000 in 5 years as expected by few market geniuses ?

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

simple_trader

I have a small story to tell. Purpose of telling this story is not hurt feelings, just to bring up reality and both sides of the coin!

I saw exactly similar kind of write up asking if ABAN can be 75000 one day (not in this forum). It was in 2007 when the stock was trading at 5000 odd level. Then stock crashed down to 250 in 2008 market crash. Perhaps this was by not so exp retail.

About the same stock, one fund manager came in TV 4-5 months back when ABAN was trading at 1500 around, used to tell ABAN is our next ABAN and the stock crashed down to 500-600 level. I guess this one everybody would have seen in TV.

Though we can not compare LT with ABAN, but we need to be better cautious and realistic.

Happy Investing!

simple_trader

Historical assumptions should never be taken into account for judging a stocks performance. Long term Price targets should never be estimated on speculation but on fundamentals. Acheiving long term high targets is possible if its fundamentaly feasible.
I do not know how to forecast that. But I have seen price and funda both are not always sync as we would like to be. They catch each other over time. At the same time, price can top out before fundamentals.

My previous post was all about sentimental part of thinking and general comment!

RSI

What is happening in this forum? Will you people ever learn at all? I have been watching so many threads of wannabe crorepatis which begins with great enthusiasm and thereafter each and every thread quietly disappears. Not even one single thread of aspiring crorepati has so far posted their real growth of their trading capital. Now the trend seems to be guessing as to when XYZ stock will touch 10000. What is so magical about 10000? I fail to understand.

Stop day dreaming. Reality is that there is no way of "predicting" tomorrow's price. Let alone about a price target few years down the line. Always thinking about 10000 will distract your attention from reality.

And friends. Please stop worrying about what you think to be "fundamental analysis". All those price/book value ratio, sales/book value ratio and so many other weired and strange ratios which you are talking about do not work in the real market place. Do you know why? Reason is simple. Market discounts future and what you are talking about is based on last year's earning or last quarter's earning. That was discounted long long ago. What is reported and what is available in the public domain stood discounted by the market long ago.

Newbies to the trading please take serious note of above points.

I hope this helps.
Regards
R. S. Iyer

krishna23

Given the strong fundamentals of L&T & its 8 subsidiaries coming shortly (1-2 yrs.)can this scrip touch 10000 in 5 years as expected by few market geniuses ?

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Who are those market geniuses ?

aryan.

I do not know how to forecast that. But I have seen price and funda both are not always sync as we would like to be. They catch each other over time. At the same time, price can top out before fundamentals.

My previous post was all about sentimental part of thinking and general comment!
If the price tops out before fundamental then the fundamental investor will sell because the stock is over valued :)

RSI

I dont think Warren buffet , George Soros and Peter Lynch would be very impressed with your impression of fundamental analysis! If you ever studied "Finance" , you would know that portfolio managers cant beat a "Buy and Hold policy" . The above names are the greatest investors of all time and all firm believers of fundamental Analysis. If you know the process of equity valuation , historical prices are never discounted but forecasted prices are. and that forecasting is done by industry experts not by the general public. If you know the main driver of a stock is not its historical financials but its revenue build up for that stock.
Reread my earlier post again. What I have highlighted in your quoted post is what I was talking about. It is the revenue buildup of future not the past. Warren Buffett, George Soros etc. have vast resources and financial muscle to do the proper "fundamental analysis". Funniest aspect is that no one reveals as to how they do it and still retail public believes that some ratios calculated on the basis of historical earnings is the "fundamental analysis". It is this misconception among the public about "fundamental analysis" that I was pointing out in my earlier post and I was warning about to the newbies. Read my earlier post again slowly. You will notice that. Does any one here has the capacity or resource of Buffett and Soros? What is the basis for the so called "fundamental analysis" done by these retail investor? On what basis are they estimating the future income and future profits of the company? Saddest aspect is that there is so much of misinformation floting all around that one can go through historical earnings and torture computers to come out with some ratios/figures and call it as "fundamental analysis". By the way, does any one here think that the industry experts who have resources and information to make accurate forecast of future earnings will share their valuable information and knowledge on public platform like media with public like you and me? I donot think so.

If you think that "buy and hold" policy is the best one, I would suggest you to rethink again. Do not believe so blindly. That will be the best policy, only if, I repeat only if, the stock is in the longterm uptrend. Otherwise, it will boomerang so badly that one will never get another chance to getup and walk around. Beware, it is this belief (that buy and hold policy is the best)that prevents so many newbies to get out of loss making stocks and still worse averaging a loosing position. Think about so many tech stocks brought during 1999 - 2000 boom and think about buy and hold policy. Think about all those realty stocks brought during 2007-08 and the predicament of those investors now. Think about those Aban shareholders who had brought it anywhere above 4500 and have remained invested there. Does any one know how long will it take to get back there? Does any one know if at all will it get there? Please note if one is stuck in stocks like Arvind Mills (yes that was one of the bluest of bluechip shares during 1980 decade), he would have been ruined by now because it has not moved up since last 25 years!!!! There are so many myths and half truths floting around the market only to fool public. Beware before committing your hard earned money.
Regards
R. S. Iyer

Last edited:
What is happening in this forum? Will you people ever learn at all? I have been watching so many threads of wannabe crorepatis which begins with great enthusiasm and thereafter each and every thread quietly disappears. Not even one single thread of aspiring crorepati has so far posted their real growth of their trading capital. Now the trend seems to be guessing as to when XYZ stock will touch 10000. What is so magical about 10000? I fail to understand.

Stop day dreaming. Reality is that there is no way of "predicting" tomorrow's price. Let alone about a price target few years down the line. Always thinking about 10000 will distract your attention from reality.

And friends. Please stop worrying about what you think to be "fundamental analysis". All those price/book value ratio, sales/book value ratio and so many other weired and strange ratios which you are talking about do not work in the real market place. Do you know why? Reason is simple. Market discounts future and what you are talking about is based on last year's earning or last quarter's earning. That was discounted long long ago. What is reported and what is available in the public domain stood discounted by the market long ago.

Newbies to the trading please take serious note of above points.

I hope this helps.
Regards
R. S. Iyer

calm down,sir,
I'm not claiming LnT will touch 10000 in 5 yrs. There is nothing magical of figure 10000. I've read few market expert expecting this scrip to touch 10000 in 5 years on the basis of its robust growth & its forthcoming 8 subsidiaries.I'm looking for opportunities of good long term investment & want to take expert's views in Traderji. This will help me as well as my fellow members of Traderji in finding out stocks for Long term investment.
Sir, can you please name few stocks for long term who will multiply by 4-5 times in 5-6 years with rationale ? response highly appreciated.....
I appeal other members especially seniors to post excellent stocks for long term investments...

Thanks.
:clapping:

krishna23

Let me add some quotes by Peter Lynch

"Fortunes change, there is no assurance that major companies won’t become minor, and there is no such thing as a can’t-miss blue chip."

"It takes remarkable patience to hold on to a stock in a company that excites you, but which everybody else seems to ignore. You begin to think everybody else is right and you are wrong. But where fundamentals are promising, patience is rewarded."

"There is no shame in losing money on a stock. Everybody does it. What is shameful is to hold on to a stock or worse to buy more of it when the fundamentals are deteriorating."

“As I look back on it now, it’s obvious that studying history and philosophy was much better preparation for the stock market than, say, studying statistics. Investing in stocks is an art, not a science, and people who’ve been trained to rigidly quantify everything have a big disadvantage. If stockpicking could be quantified, you could rent time on the nearest Cray computer and make a fortune. But it doesn’t work that way. All the math you need in the stock market you get in the fourth grade.”

"Go for a business that any idiot can run - because sooner or later, any idiot probably is going to run it."

"Although its easy to forget sometimes, a share is not a lottery ticket. It's a part ownership of a business."

"Thousands of experts study overbought indicators, oversold indicators, head-and-shoulder patterns, put-call ratios, the Fed’s policy on money supply, foreign investment, the movement of the constellations through the heavens, and the moss on oak trees, and they can’t predict markets with any useful consistency, any more than the gizzard squeezers could tell the Roman emperors when the Huns would attack.”