Can anyone help? yahoo problem

rajeshn2007

hi,
i am unable to send mail, post messages, save settings, post files etc in yahoo group.
i am having trouble using yahoo in my system only. i am able to access the above things in any other system.
i have installed windows xp.
i have contacted yahoo help, but of no use.
could anyone pl tell how to rectify this problem
thanks in advance

please note that firewall setting may be preventing from accessing that site ...even by mistake if you say deny on fire wall alerts it will not allow you to do anything

simple method of checking this is .. shut down your antivirus and firewall program and try.

regards
suba

rajeshn2007

please note that firewall setting may be preventing from accessing that site ...even by mistake if you say deny on fire wall alerts it will not allow you to do anything

simple method of checking this is .. shut down your antivirus and firewall program and try.

regards
suba
thanks for the reply. but i tried as you said. but the same result.

Sorry, as far as yahoo website it is ok no problem at all even xp too is working fine for me.

well you try to repair ( not format) your XP ... in this case you will retain all your applications as it is ...so nothing to worry about losing application which are installed..do have back up copy of important data of your os partition befor you try.

regards
suba

rajeshn2007

Sorry, as far as yahoo website it is ok no problem at all even xp too is working fine for me.

well you try to repair ( not format) your XP ... in this case you will retain all your applications as it is ...so nothing to worry about losing application which are installed..do have back up copy of important data of your os partition befor you try.

regards
suba
hi,
i even tried format and fresh install of xp, after back up. that too is nor working. i tried in i.e as well as firefox ,opera etc. no use.

hi,
i even tried format and fresh install of xp, after back up. that too is nor working. i tried in i.e as well as firefox ,opera etc. no use.
Did you re-partition the entire system of just the system drive? What other security programs are installed - i.e. AV, Spyware, firewall etc.?

rajeshn2007

Did you re-partition the entire system of just the system drive? What other security programs are installed - i.e. AV, Spyware, firewall etc.?
hi,
i formated c: drive alone. avg antivirus, windows firewall.
disabled everything and checked. but no result.
any other method?

hi,
i formated c: drive alone. avg antivirus, windows firewall.
disabled everything and checked. but no result.
any other method?
You should've re-partitioned your entire drive. Anyways, I suggest you do the following (in that order) :

TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE ON ALL YOUR DRIVES

1] Get hold of a bootable (preferably linux bootable CD, such as of Quick Heal AV) ) AV Scanner CD with latest virus definitions, which can also scan NTFS in case your file system is NTFS. Boot from it and run a scan on all your driver - with FULL SCAN / REPAIR / DELETE switches on.

2] Remove AVG and install NOD32 Anti Virus and update the virus definitions file and run a full scan (check settings are enabled for full scan of all the files)

3] There are anti root-kit scanners available on net. Get hold of one and run a scan on your system.

4] If you use IE, open it --> go to Tools menu --> Internet Options... --> click on Privacy tab --> click the Advanced button --> here, in the resultant dialog box, select OVER RIDE AUTOMATIC COOKIE HANDLING and then select ACCEPT for both First-party cookies and Third-party cookies--> click OK
Now click the Sites... button --> here, click the REMOVE ALL button --> click OK --> click OK. (I've assumed you are using IE 6)

If any of the above does not solve it, then re-partition your entire drive and re-install everything. Use a different set of Installation CD's, if possible, this time.

Hope it helps..

Nitesh:)

rajeshn2007

Re: Can anyone help? ***** problem

hi nitesh,
i tried complete format and reinstalled xp with another set of cd. it didn't help. thanks for your info.