CALL PUT movement based on FUTURE OR CASH

Hi all members,

Is CALL PUT options movement based on Cash price or Futures Price.

What shall I keep a track of Nifty Futures or Nifty Cash when buying CALL / PUT.

Thanks all, aman

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
Hi all members,

What shall I keep a track of Nifty Futures or Nifty Cash when buying CALL / PUT.

Thanks all, aman
Options and Futures both are derivative products which means derived from underlying product (Cash). So to track options, follow cash spot prices.

Different traders means different ways of tracking. I keep an eye on the current future to track any option I trade on that future and not on the cash spot. Take care and good luck with your decision.

bunti_k23

A little offbeat question:p expecting reply from u guys.
I have almost finished making a mechanical system and rit now im doing demo testing (manual backtesting) on it system is working gud on nifty and any other index or stocks .so iam planning it using on nifty charts (cash market) for intraday , though it is not a pure intraday system sumtim it gives over the night trade .

So im planning that instead of doing trading in cash market i will trade the nifty options by using system on nifty cash market charts.i will be only buying puts when system gives sell signal and buying calls when system gives buy signal.also i will be trading atm or lill itm strikes .sole reason is the delta value associated with it.
So is this possible ?:confused:trading in options using charts of cash market .if possible then my choice of strike price is correct?

Expecting a reply:)
Thank you
Amit.

Hi all members,

Thanks all, aman
It depends on the hedging instrument used. In case of Nifty, I think hedgers use Fut. Thanks.

A little offbeat question:p expecting reply from u guys.
I have almost finished making a mechanical system and rit now im doing demo testing (manual backtesting) on it system is working gud on nifty and any other index or stocks .so iam planning it using on nifty charts (cash market) for intraday , though it is not a pure intraday system sumtim it gives over the night trade .

So im planning that instead of doing trading in cash market i will trade the nifty options by using system on nifty cash market charts.i will be only buying puts when system gives sell signal and buying calls when system gives buy signal.also i will be trading atm or lill itm strikes .sole reason is the delta value associated with it.
So is this possible ?:confused:trading in options using charts of cash market .if possible then my choice of strike price is correct?

Expecting a reply:)
Thank you
Amit.
Dear friend

So, you expect an answer for your question. :D

Test both ideas at the same time and choose the one which will give better results. That's it.

Take care and have a most beautiful weekend / Dan :)