buying ETF through distributor/agent

Hi Friends,

My question is if we can buy ETF through a MF agent/distributor? I do not have a demat account with any broker, thus I am unterested in buying through an agent. Is it possible?

praveen98

Hi Friends,

My question is if we can buy ETF through a MF agent/distributor? I do not have a demat account with any broker, thus I am unterested in buying through an agent. Is it possible?
Hi Karuna,
I think you can not buy ETF through Agent....you have to open a DEMAT as well as trading account to buy ETF's.
All the best:thumb:

lazytrader

Now that there are new rules about agent commissions which clearly show the difference in returns from purchase of a fund through agent vs DIRECT option many people are seeing that the difference in long terms returns are significant and opting to go through direct route.

Some funds like BEES are exchange only I think. There are some funds that allow you to purchase offline but hold your investment in demat. It depends on which fund you are looking for.

Now that there are new rules about agent commissions which clearly show the difference in returns from purchase of a fund through agent vs DIRECT option many people are seeing that the difference in long terms returns are significant and opting to go through direct route.

Some funds like BEES are exchange only I think. There are some funds that allow you to purchase offline but hold your investment in demat. It depends on which fund you are looking for.
Thanks for your reply lazytrader. one more question - can i know the difference between direct plan and retail plan pls?