BUY wipro bonus 1:1

novice1

Hi All

Is it a good buy for long term (say for a year) and how much can I invest ? Would you recommend buying this stock or Infosys if I do not have both in my portfolio ?

Regards

Sekhar S

Please remember the Golden Rule of Trading. Buy on Rumour and sell on news. Since the Bonus news is just out. Do not rush to buy. Wait till all smart investors sell and bring the price down Then buy.

jnaik22

This is the info I found on NSE site.

It is clear that the AGM will be held on July 21, 2005. now the bonus share would be available only after this date based on the record date decided by BOD.

----------------------------------------------
22-04-2005 - Wipro Ltd has informed the Exchange that the BODs of the Company at their meeting held on April 22,2005 proposed a final dividend of Rs.5 Share.The Annual General Meeting of the Company is scheduled to be held on July 21,2005 and the share transfer books and register of members will be closed from July 01,2005 to July 11,2005 both days inclusive.Subject to the approval of the members,the dividend will be payable to the members who are on the register of members of the Company as on the opening hours of July 01,2005.
22-04-2005 Wipro Ltd has informed the Exchange that the BODs of the Company at their meeting held on April 22, 2005 has recommended issue of bonus shares at the ratio of 1:1 i.e. one equity shares for every one equity share held as on the record date to be determined by the BODs after the Annual General Meeting. Subject to the approval of the members of the company for issue of bonus shares, the record date for the same will be determined by the Board after the Annual General Meeting.

Hi,
I am new to all this.
Plz let me know to get benifits of dividend & bonus equity shares, is it necessary to have those share on my account before declaration of results ?

Hi Sachin,

It is not necessary for you to have the shares in your account before the declaration of results. You should have the shares in your account before the record date announced by the companies.