Buy & Sell Calls

Hi Guys,

I will try and put buy or sell calls on the stocks of NSE based on 3 indicators namely MACD, Parabolic SAR and Stochastic.

I want seniors to comment on my calls.

I want ppl to do paper trading with the calls for sometime before putting actual money.

Regards,
Sanjoy

Hi ragh_ash

SAR as u know stands for stop and reverse. Parabolic SAR is an indicator that we can safely say is a very useful and accurate tool during a trending period - when it provides excellent entry and exit points.

A stop loss is calculated for each day using the previous days data. The advantage Parabolic SAR is that the stop level can be calculated in advance of the market opening. A stop level or dot below the current price indicates that the price is generally bullish. The stop level will move up every day. When price falls to the stop level, a SAR signal generated. Whereas a stop level above the current price indicates that the price is generally bearish and the position is short. The stop level moves down every day until the price rises to the stop level, a SAR signal triggered.

There are two variables: the step and the maximum step. The higher the step is set, the more sensitive the indicator will be to price changes. If the step is set too high, the indicator will fluctuate above and below the price too often, making interpretation difficult. The maximum step controls the adjustment of the SAR as the price moves. The lower the maximum step is set, the further the trailing stop will be from the price. Wilder recommends setting the step at 0.02 and the maximum step at 0.20.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sanjoy

ragh_ash said:
hi sanjoy,

can please elobrate how to use SAR. and how to use it for stop loss?
regards

Hi All,

I got lost in the woods, as was abducted by the martiians.

I am back with a vengeance ;).

Will try and revive this thread but sans Parabolic SAR.

Lets see journey mein kitna mazaa aata hai.

Love,
Sanjoy

Last edited:
If you could start new thread in technical analysis, probably it would attract lot of people attention. Its just my perceptions as i feel like you have very good understanding about technical terms and explaining the same. In future if possible could you exemplify the same.

TIA
VG

Hi All,

I got lost in the woods, as was abducted by the martiians.

I am back with a vengeance ;).

Will try and revive this thread but sans Parabolic SAR.

Lets see journey mein kitna mazaa aata hai.

Love,
Sanjoy