Building Up A Portfolio At A 7000 Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry,

BTW, guys check the first page in the thread...there is counter called Diamond Cables which was suggested at 14....check the price today and is currently trading with a PE of 25 and EPS of 11...Oopss!!!!! (We have booked out at some level - dont remember exactly when)

Thanks and Regards
Supratik
Wow! That is trading at >275 now!!
Great call Supratik. Keep it up!

-Narendra

Hi All,

The next tip is on RPG Cables. (Dont believe it can be Diamond cables but anyway we will see)
CMP 54. Target 110.

Harry, I saw this in your portfolio and made some research on this one.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

hi supratik, narender
did u guys exit Jupiter Biosciences?
regards
ragh_ash
I am still holding Jupitor Bio and hoping that it will do well in the days to come.
It went upto 222 and after that has been down a little bit and is getting settled at around 200-210.
I also heard that, this is going to give very good returns in the long term.

So, did you hear any news on this?
Please let us know.

Regards,
Narendra

Hi All,

The next tip is on RPG Cables. (Dont believe it can be Diamond cables but anyway we will see)
CMP 54. Target 110.

Harry, I saw this in your portfolio and made some research on this one.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik
Thanks for the new tip Supratik.
I entered at Rs.52.5......hoping that it will fly soon!;)

Today, I got this info from another source:

RPG Cables - Initiating Coverage 28May07

Initiating Coverage
RPG Cables
CMP: Rs 48 Target: Rs 87 Buy

Staging a turnaround
Aggressive restructuring initiatives to return the company to profitability by FY08

* Operates in the power and electrical cable sectors, which are in a tremendous growth phase
* Operational profits achieved in Q1FY07 after several years of losses through cost-cutting measures, higher operational efficiency and demand from the high-growth power segment
* Turnaround initiatives include an agreement with Deutsche Bank - Hong Kong and promoters to infuse funds. Subsequent repayment of high-cost debt would likely result in a complete turnaround in Q4FY07E
* Prequalification status with various SEBs and improvement in working capital funding will allow the company to bid for large orders, thus improving sales and margins going ahead
* Revenue CAGR of 44% expected over FY07-FY09 accompanied by PAT CAGR of 338%. We initiate coverage with Buy with an end-FY08 target price of Rs 87 an upside of 85% - based on DCF valuation.

Safe Harbor Statement:

Some forward looking statements on projections, estimates, expectations & outlook are included to enable a better comprehension of the Company prospects. Actual results may, however, differ materially from those stated on account of factors such as changes in government regulations, tax regimes, economic developments within India and the countries within which the Company conducts its business, exchange rate and interest rate movements, impact of competing products and their pricing, product demand and supply constraints.

Nothing in this article is, or should be construed as, investment advice.

Good one Narendra, this puts us in even more confidence. I think we can buy that straightaway then.!!!!!
I think I was over-estimating the exit price, we will change the exit price to 87 in that case or else closely observe and analyse it at 87.

News update:
fyi
Dollex is highest bidder for sugar unit in Maharashtra
India Infoline News Services / Mumbai Jul 17, 2007 11:22
The decision on the sale of Kalamber Vibhag SSK Ltd will be made by GoM (Group of Ministers) in this week and the Company is hopeful to acquire this Co-Operative unit as it is a top contender in the tender process

Dollex Industries Ltd. said on Tyesday that the company, in view of establishing an integrated sugar complex, comprising Power, Ethanol and Sugar units, has bid to purchase a Co-Operative Sugar facility in Nanded, Maharashtra.

The company has emerged as the highest bidder in the tender floated by the Commissioner of Sugar - Maharashtra for Kalamber Vibhag SSK Ltd., situated close to its current sugar manufacturing facility in Nanded.

The decision on the sale of Kalamber Vibhag SSK will be made this week by GoM (Group of Ministers) and the company is hopeful to acquire the Co-Operative unit as it is a top contender in the tender process, Dollex said in a statement.

If acquired, the company plans to expand the sugar crushing capacity of the unit to 10,000 TCD and further add 100,000 KLPD of Ethanol capacity and 80 MW of Co-Generation power, Dollex said.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Good one Narendra, this puts us in even more confidence. I think we can buy that straightaway then.!!!!!
I think I was over-estimating the exit price, we will change the exit price to 87 in that case or else closely observe and analyse it at 87.

News update:
fyi
Dollex is highest bidder for sugar unit in Maharashtra
India Infoline News Services / Mumbai Jul 17, 2007 11:22
The decision on the sale of Kalamber Vibhag SSK Ltd will be made by GoM (Group of Ministers) in this week and the Company is hopeful to acquire this Co-Operative unit as it is a top contender in the tender process

Dollex Industries Ltd. said on Tyesday that the company, in view of establishing an integrated sugar complex, comprising Power, Ethanol and Sugar units, has bid to purchase a Co-Operative Sugar facility in Nanded, Maharashtra.

The company has emerged as the highest bidder in the tender floated by the Commissioner of Sugar - Maharashtra for Kalamber Vibhag SSK Ltd., situated close to its current sugar manufacturing facility in Nanded.

The decision on the sale of Kalamber Vibhag SSK will be made this week by GoM (Group of Ministers) and the company is hopeful to acquire the Co-Operative unit as it is a top contender in the tender process, Dollex said in a statement.

If acquired, the company plans to expand the sugar crushing capacity of the unit to 10,000 TCD and further add 100,000 KLPD of Ethanol capacity and 80 MW of Co-Generation power, Dollex said.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik
Hi Supratik,

What is ur view on Indo Asian Fusegear.
Has a nice chart with a run up to 150 and a gud pullback since.

regards
vizzie

Thanks a ton Supratik for taking time to view my portfolio and giving suggestions. I request you if you can look into one more stock.

RCF : Rashtriya chemical entered on this one at 44

This comes under I think top 10 psu's.

any views are a big welcome.

Regards,
Harry

Hi All,

Orchid Chem Q1 consolidated net zooms 345%

BS Reporter / Mumbai July 19, 2007

Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals has posted a 345% jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 48.59 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2007 when compared with Rs 10.83 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2006.

According to an official release issued by the company to the BSE today, total income has increased to Rs 304.63 crore from Rs 213.40 crore for Q1FY07.

On a stand-alone basis, the company has posted a net profit of Rs 51.30 crore for Q1FY08 as compared to Rs 14.59 crore for Q1FY07. Total income has increased to Rs 291.36 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2007 from Rs 202.49 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2006.

(Will get back soon on the queries posted)

What rising ruppe can do - fyi
Strong rupee hits Indians in the Gulf

Press Trust of India / Dubai July 19, 2007

Continued appreciation of the rupee against the US dollar, coupled with rising inflation in Gulf countries, has adversely hit nearly five million Indians working in the region.

Weakness of the dollar has dragged the value of Gulf currencies to which it is pegged, and Indian workers' salaries are nearly 30% less in terms of rupee than a year ago. Last year, each UAE dirham was worth Rs 12.70, but today the rate has slumped to below Rs 11.

Indian workers were flooding into the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to cash in on a construction boom driven by soaring oil prices in 2006.

With a weak US dollar and inflation in the region, the salaries of Indians working in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar and other Gulf countries have come down nearly by 30%, The Arab News reported.

In the Gulf region alone, the plunge has been as steep as 15% in the value of dollar-pegged currencies against the rupee. With another 15% dent due to high livings costs, the salary of an average Indian in the Gulf remains the least attractive among the Asians.

The Gulf currencies have substantially declined that many in India feel that it makes no sense to relocate to the Gulf countries to make money, the report said.

The decline in the Gulf currencies has been so sharp that one Saudi riyal, which fetched Rs 12.50 in 2006, now gets only Rs 10.70.

Thanks abd Regards
Supratik

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.