Bug in metastock EOD 9.0 - Exploration

I am running metastock EOD version 9.0. I am having an issue where the values returned by exporer when run against NSE or BSE data (my data vendor is Viratech) are not correct. This is producing erroneous results in my explorations. However, the explorations work fine for US stocks.

To simulate this inconsistency, I used a simple formula. I created an exporation with just the formula MOV(CLOSE, 10, E) and checked its values. The values in the exploration results report and the latest values reported in the inspect button did not match. The value from the inspect button matches the value when plotted in the chart. So, it seems the values reported and used by COLA....COLF of the exploration are incorrect.
I have taken care that load options are consistent in explorer and charts. So the issue is not with the load options.

I confirmed with Equis Support that they could replicate the scenario in Ver 9.0.

Anyone facing this issue when running explorations? Any solutions?

Regards,
Pankaj

I had a similiar problem with data from viratech.

Equis said that there was a problem with the data whereas Viratech said that there was no problem with their data.

So now that Equis is providing EOD data for NSE & BSE, I am thinking of making a switch to to them.

This way I will be sure it will work with MetaStock.

SwamiNathan

Hi arun,
U ve given a equis link. does these pricing correspond to EOD and not real time. Once our senior member NEAL has written somewhere that these are for real time. pls confirm.

SwamiNathan said:
Hi arun,
U ve given a equis link. does these pricing correspond to EOD and not real time. Once our senior member NEAL has written somewhere that these are for real time. pls confirm.
The link mentioned above is for End of Day.

This is the link for Real Time

Equis support confirmed that the issue exists in Metastock EOD 9.0. It does not occur in Metastock EOD 9.1 and suggested that I move to 9.1. They say it is a free upgrade and I will only have to pay for the shipping. Now my issue is that I purchased my version of Metastock in the US and now since I am back in India, getting it from Equis may not be a viable option. I checked with Viratech and they are not aware of version 9.1. Any idea whether there is a downloadable patch from Equis to correct this issue?

p_trader said:
Equis support confirmed that the issue exists in Metastock EOD 9.0. It does not occur in Metastock EOD 9.1 and suggested that I move to 9.1. They say it is a free upgrade and I will only have to pay for the shipping. Now my issue is that I purchased my version of Metastock in the US and now since I am back in India, getting it from Equis may not be a viable option. I checked with Viratech and they are not aware of version 9.1. Any idea whether there is a downloadable patch from Equis to correct this issue?
Once you register your copy of MetaStock with Equis, you can ask them to mail you ver 9.1 (will cost you $15.00).