BSE/NSE Live feed

Hi,
For my final yr project,i would need live feed from BSE and NSE.
Can anybody suggest from where and for what cost can i get it??And what will be the format.I was wondering how it could be integrated to my software.

Thanks in advance
Bhavik Shah

bunny

what you is need 'RT feed'. There are many providers for that. Amongst the 'cheap' ones - you can google for 'market-data-provider' or just search the 'data feeds' section of this forum. If you need 'superior quality' data, try for esignal.com (not esignalindia.com) or other from the same breed.

Coming to cost, it highly varies from cheap to superior providers from 1 K to 10 K per month or more. Also, most of these providers provide data in closed binary format which may not be readable by other software. If you need the data in plain text or ASCII, then they will charge extra, and some may not even provide it. For ASCII FORMAT, you will also need very fast speed and fat pipe to transfer the voluminous data quickly - other wise there will be severe delay due to choking. So you have to consider these things to check for feasibility.

Hi Bunny,
Thank you for your valuable insights.It is very helpful.
But what do you mean by superior quality data???
I assume RT feed is Real Time feed.
Also i understand that even binary format could be converted at my software end..Do you think that could be an issue??

Thanks a ton
Regards
Bhavik Shah

bunny

Practically, there are 2 types of RT data providers.
Superior type: This one is an authorized data vendor. He buys data from stock exchanges and is licensed to distribute the data to his clients. This one is really "Real time" and authentic data.

Cheap type: These are scrappers. Data is scrapped from trading terminal software like ODIN, PIB, etc, or even free providers like Yahoo. The trading terminal software has a feed from the broker's server. This feed is scrapped and forwarded to their clients. This comes at very cheap price.

I have no experience working with binary format, so that is for you to see.

I checked esignal.com.Their price comes around Rs.1000 per month.Is there any way to check if they are of the superior type or cheap type...

bunny

I checked esignal.com.Their price comes around Rs.1000 per month.Is there any way to check if they are of the superior type or cheap type...
Esignal is superior type. But I am not sure if you can get it for as low as 1 K per month. I think it must be atleast 5 - 6 K oer month.