BSE & Fibonacci

C

CreditViolet

jaideep said:
I don't need M/S Leonardo Fibonacci, Elliot or Gann for that matter to tell me that we can expect a bounce-back soon. I can tell that too because everything that goes up comes down & vice-versa. No one can change that for sure. The million dollar question is When exactly will the reversal occur?
In my very humble opinion, the above reverred gentlemen may have evolved theories that they put into practice to achieve astounding success. That does not mean that everyone can repeat history, though the dictum says otherwise. If I am not mistaken as having read somewhere, Gann's analysis was based on theories practised by the ancient Egyptians to monitor & control the market prices of rice & other commodities in their times. That was'nt yesterday, was it? A cool 3000+ years ago. Gosh!! So much for our modern technology. Elliot has been both worshipped & condemned, in this very forum if you please. Fibonacci was a Mathematician whose series applied to far more applications than share trading. I know that for sure, not only because I've read about him & learned so but also because he was a pain-in-the-(you know what) while doing my Mech.Engg. T/A for me is to approximately, very, very approximately identify trends in certain on-the-move scrips & hazard a guess on probable entry & exit signals. Time frame would still be a shot-in-the dark.

Hmmmm Jaideep

Unsolicited opinions.And to one of the better posters here.It doesnt matter what you didnt like in engg, or what people say about somebody but its always unwise to make assumptions that you havent studied carefully.Gann and Elliott spent their lifetimes studying the markets and just because of a self proclaiming guru fails implementing them doesnt mean they are useless.Same about fibonacci,its truly a work of great precision and usefulness.I think jai you have a poetic heart:)D) so you may not be able to appreciate the beauty of mathematical genius in it.

What comes up........... .Not really.In the markets every action has an unequal and exaggerated reaction.These 'occult' theories are better managed to handle them then borrowed moving averages and momentum indicators.
Just because they are old doesnt make them useless,does it?What about religions then?

Mind you I am not making a case against more objective and systematic approach to trading but what prompted me to reply was your complete dismissal of works which surely needed to be understood by all traders.

CV
:eek::eek:

im3vil said:
Just leme know when u get there.. till that time my posts stop here. No more posts from my side. Time for my last chart.

PS: i assume ur a Mech Engg.. always wanted to know how did those Egyptians manage to lift tons of material and pile them one top of another.
There surely wasnt ur MEch engg. then. :rolleyes:

As they say. Ignorance is Bliss

Bye ppl.
Uh! Oh! Looks like you are all riled up im3vil. Like I said, no offence meant, the least to you pal. You're one of the guys I exalted in my post, or did you miss that one? :cool: Keep your posts coming in. Who am I to stop the flood of info & knowledge pouring into this forum? An insignificant non-tech. Mech.Engr, more specifically Marine Engr yes but not a trading wizard like you guys. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way but that was & is not my intention at all. I have loads of respect for you guys, perhaps bordering on envy. So, take it easy friend & kick me in the butt if you want to. ;)

About the ancients in Egypt; not withstanding the sarcastic undertone in your question, I'll give you the answer. Maybe your local mason or brick-layer will tell you how it was done. Same way as it is today in most small towns & villages in India - the good ol' wooden ramp (inclined plane), block & tackle and lots (no shortage then in Egypt or now in India) of muscle power. You want a reference that makes interesting reading, try "Chariot of the Gods" by Erik Von Daniken. That's another story for another day & age perhaps. :)

CreditViolet said:
Hmmmm Jaideep

Unsolicited opinions.And to one of the better posters here.It doesnt matter what you didnt like in engg, or what people say about somebody but its always unwise to make assumptions that you havent studied carefully.Gann and Elliott spent their lifetimes studying the markets and just because of a self proclaiming guru fails implementing them doesnt mean they are useless.Same about fibonacci,its truly a work of great precision and usefulness.I think jai you have a poetic heart:)D) so you may not be able to appreciate the beauty of mathematical genius in it.

CV
:eek:
All due respects to you CV but opinions are professed open-ended, not necessarily because someone just asks for it. They are to be liked, hated or even trashed depending on who reads it & how. Nobody really has to love the originator or the source you know. And in the present context, please allow me to apologise all over again to you & all else in this revered forum & reiterate that I have no intention to antagonise or malign anyone, least of all a valuable contributor like im3vil. Gosh! I sweated it out posting what I did & now I'm sweating it out again trying to make amends for being misunderstood. Give me a break please guys. I am not & would'nt dare lock horns with T/A wizards like you guys but, but...... I am entitled to my opinion & as long as I don't hurt anyone's feelings, what the heck? Cool it guys, don't get so het up about what I've got to say. What if a real critic comes along? :cool:

CV, I like the cameraderie here in this forum. Will stand us all in good stead in bad times I guess. Good for the nation & right up my street, me being an ex-serviceman and all. Kudos to you for standing up for one of us. I'm one of you too, remember?

Did I say that Fibo, Elliot & Gann were useless? No! No! No! Me thinks you've got it all wrong CV. Your self-proclaiming Guru, hope it is'nt me you're referring to CV. :mad: AND, did'nt I like Engg? Well, it was my bread & butter profession for years & years. Really did'nt have a choice. did I CV? Now that you know, maybe you all will go a little easier on a half baked-poet & a green horn trader like me. Come on CV, don't make me laugh, me an Engineer all my life & you accuse me of not appreciating Mathematical genius. You must be kidding. Please, let me add here that Elliot maybe yes to a large extent but Fibo & Gann were not obsessed only with the stock markets. Their theories & works extended over a wide range of other areas too, all very much fundamentally mathematical analyses of various situations & events. If what I've read about them is wrong, correct me with leading references.

CreditViolet said:
Hmmmm Jaideep

CV
:eek:
All due respects to you CV but opinions are professed open-ended, not necessarily because someone just asks for it. They are to be liked, hated or even trashed depending on who reads it & how. Nobody really has to love the originator or the source you know. And in the present context, please allow me to apologise all over again to you & all else in this revered forum & reiterate that I have no intention to antagonise or malign anyone, least of all a valuable contributor like im3vil. Gosh! I sweated it out posting what I did & now I'm sweating it out again trying to make amends for being misunderstood. Give me a break please guys. I am not & would'nt dare lock horns with T/A wizards like you guys but, but...... I am entitled to my opinion & as long as I don't hurt anyone's feelings, what the heck? Cool it guys, don't get so het up about what I've got to say. What if a real critic comes along? :cool:

CV, I like the cameraderie here in this forum. Will stand us all in good stead in bad times I guess. Good for the nation & right up my street, me being an ex-serviceman and all. Kudos to you for standing up for one of us. I'm one of you too, remember?

Did I say that Fibo, Elliot & Gann were useless? No! No! No! Me thinks you've got me all wrong CV. Your self-proclaiming Guru, hope it is'nt me you're referring to CV. :mad: AND, did'nt I like Engg? Well, it was my bread & butter profession for years & years. Really did'nt have a choice. did I CV? Now that you know, maybe you all will go a little easier on a half baked-poet & a green horn trader like me. Come on CV, don't make me laugh, me an Engineer all my life & you accuse me of not appreciating Mathematical genius. You must be kidding. Please, let me add here that Elliot maybe yes to a large extent but Fibo & Gann were not obsessed only with the stock markets. Their theories & works extended over a wide range of other areas too, all very much fundamentally mathematical analyses of various situations & events. If what I've read about them is wrong, correct me with leading references.

Traderji

Super Moderator
im3vil said:
Just leme know when u get there.. till that time my posts stop here. No more posts from my side. Time for my last chart.

As they say. Ignorance is Bliss

Bye ppl.
im3vil,

This is an open forum for discussion and a member may or may not agree with anothers comments or views. Everyone is free to air their opinions and there will always be others who may or may not agree with you. After all, how often do we totally agree with our spouses or parents.

Misunderstanding will always be there in an open forum but if anyone feels that any of the messages are abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene or profane, please report them to me immedately and I will take the necessary action.

In the meanwhile I would like to encourage you all to go about with your postings and continue the process of trading/investing in the markets profitably!

Fibonacci, Gann & Elliott, technical analysis and trading methods, trends and no trends are great but most of what you read in books about how to trade does not work in the real world. Even books by respected authors are full of trading methods that lose money when put to the test. You may find this shocking, but almost no author demonstrate the effectiveness of the methods they advocate. The best you can hope for are some well-chosen examples or a few cursory tests.

Learning to trade is a combination of being exposed to ideas (from books and inputs from other members and traderji who tries to help us understand why he/she recommends a trading signal) plus practical experience watching the markets on a day-to-day basis.

Of course this is not something that can happen in only a few weeks!

jaideep said:
Your self-proclaiming Guru, hope it is'nt me you're referring to CV. :mad:
I guess we all would like to be Guru's in our own way! However after my many years in the trading industry, I have yet to come across this kind of forum (the dispersion of knowledge is absolutely amazing) and its members.

Of course all thanks & kudos to Traderji for being so selfless, helpful & giving to anybody and everybody!
If there is anybody I would call my guru, it would be Traderji (or Traderji.com) as I personally believe that all praise and credit first and foremost goes to Traderji.com!

Traderji

Nice moderation.

Please do give a thought for children like me who would like to understand all about technicals. In one of my earlier posts, I had reckoned I was in LKG.... Hm.. after reading the subsequent posts (posted in the early hours of the day), I feel as having not even joined the Nursery.

Please start a 1 day course for "Nurserians" like me.

Hope to see the likes of im3vil, jaideep, binzy when we are thought a, b c, .... or should I say 0, 1,2.....

Im3vil, please do not stop the posts. You are like a "postmaster" to deliver loads and loads of knowledge to the "Nurserians".

"Ab maan bhi jao"

Im3vil,
Don't know a thing about Gann or Fibonacci....managed these many years without them,but lots of respect for your posts........Very educative,so DON'T STOP...keep em coming!!
And Jaideep,very respected member of this forum as well......Keep your comments coming,am sure Im3vil didn't take it in any wrong way!

Saint