Brokrage charges in OPTION trading

hello guys,:)

I have 2 questions...

As far as I know that the brokerage charges for Intraday is 0.03% on buying and 0.03% on selling..

I want to know how to calculate the brokerage charges for Option trading, suppose I bought 1 lot of IDFC (13200 shares) at price 0.55 the brokerage charges will be 0.035 x 13200 = 462 Rs.

Now my question # 1 - is the above calculation I did is correct or wrong.
question # 2 - the amount of 462 Rs. will be charged for both buy
and sell??? Or 462 for buy and 462 for sell ???

Thanks & awaiting your valuable reply.
Salman

But the real question is
why you want to pay this much of brokerage (or even say per lot brokerage on options), when you can do a trade for fraction of this brokerage.
Try per trade brokerage or monthly unlimited trading plan (if you are a regular trader) of various discount brokers.

C_R_Kumar

hello guys,:)

I have 2 questions...

As far as I know that the brokerage charges for Intraday is 0.03% on buying and 0.03% on selling..

I want to know how to calculate the brokerage charges for Option trading, suppose I bought 1 lot of IDFC (13200 shares) at price 0.55 the brokerage charges will be 0.035 x 13200 = 462 Rs.

Now my question # 1 - is the above calculation I did is correct or wrong.
question # 2 - the amount of 462 Rs. will be charged for both buy
and sell??? Or 462 for buy and 462 for sell ???

Thanks & awaiting your valuable reply.
Salman
If your plan charges brokerage for options on percentage basis, instead of lot basis as pointed out by many, then it will be charged on option cost and NOT on value of underlying.(Many unregistered brokers mislead and charge on value of underlying)
Generally bokerage is charged separately both for buy and sell.

If your plan charges brokerage for options on percentage basis, instead of lot basis as pointed out by many, then it will be charged on option cost and NOT on value of underlying.(Many unregistered brokers mislead and charge on value of underlying)
Generally bokerage is charged separately both for buy and sell.
Thanks for your reply....

Suppose i took 1 lot of DLF that is 5000 broker charges 0.03 that will be Rs 150...this 150 is for both transactions buy and sell or only on sell or buy..

Can you please suggest me the good broker, i am trading mostly on Diversities - Options.

Thanks,
Salman