Brokers & Year-End Reports -

My broker is SBICAPSEC. At FY-end they do give some report called "Profit and Loss Statement". But it is totally useless for computing taxable gains (or loss). (It also does obvious blunders like assuming whatever that was NOT purchased in the current year as Long-Term). You will agree that auditors don't like to spend time on small retail investors like us and it is not always easy to compute on our own. So, any clear final report - if a broker gives it - on gains & losses is boon to us.

I heard Kotak Securities gives something called "Capital Gains Report" which supposedly gives neat numbers that can be directly fed into IT Returns. Is it true? Is there any other broker that gives such reports? Please let me know.

My broker is SBICAPSEC. At FY-end they do give some report called "Profit and Loss Statement". But it is totally useless for computing taxable gains (or loss). (It also does obvious blunders like assuming whatever that was NOT purchased in the current year as Long-Term). You will agree that auditors don't like to spend time on small retail investors like us and it is not always easy to compute on our own. So, any clear final report - if a broker gives it - on gains & losses is boon to us.

I heard Kotak Securities gives something called "Capital Gains Report" which supposedly gives neat numbers that can be directly fed into IT Returns. Is it true? Is there any other broker that gives such reports? Please let me know.
Zerodha has started giving such reports in their Q backoffice software.

Smart_trade