Brokers giving Odin terminal and latest version offered

alroyraj

Hi all,
I guess it would be useful to all of us to compile a list so that we know which brokers offer the Odin terminal and more importantly which latest version.
I am looking forward to details on Indiabulls ( backup to PIB) , Angel, Religare and the newer entrants like Shriram Insight, RK Global, Sharebazaarinfo, Justtrade etc.
Thanks...:sos::!:!:!

Tradejack

Hi alroyraj,i m regular follower of ur posts &threads in traderji.ur posts are very informative.thank u for such cooperation for all trading informations.i want to ask u a question that i have 3 in 1 a/c in kotak sec. & a trading a/c in Anandrathi sec. I want to trade in NSE/BSE/Mcx/Ncdex. kotak providing me their KEAT platform.and anandrathi providing ODIN. Please suggest which one is better for which mkt. brokerage.- 0.03%intraday/0.3%deli. In kotak for stocks.&0.02% &0.2% in anandrathi for stocks. Also ANANDRATHI offered me 20/- per lot flat for mcx/ncdex without prepaid brok. Plan.and with prepaid plan 0.01%.prepaid plan ,which is 6000/- for 6 months. If my brokerage crosses 6000/- then they will credit back to my a/c. Please comment.

Tradejack: I am using Anandrathi, i am being offered NestTrader not ODIN. I am also surprised at the brokerage of 0.2% and 0.02%. I pay 0.5%/0.05%. Are you in prepaid brokerage, if not, how much margin money have you given? Thank you.

alroyraj

Hi alroyraj,i m regular follower of ur posts &threads in traderji.ur posts are very informative.thank u for such cooperation for all trading informations.i want to ask u a question that i have 3 in 1 a/c in kotak sec. & a trading a/c in Anandrathi sec. I want to trade in NSE/BSE/Mcx/Ncdex. kotak providing me their KEAT platform.and anandrathi providing ODIN. Please suggest which one is better for which mkt. brokerage.- 0.03%intraday/0.3%deli. In kotak for stocks.&0.02% &0.2% in anandrathi for stocks. Also ANANDRATHI offered me 20/- per lot flat for mcx/ncdex without prepaid brok. Plan.and with prepaid plan 0.01%.prepaid plan ,which is 6000/- for 6 months. If my brokerage crosses 6000/- then they will credit back to my a/c. Please comment.
Compared to KEAT,Odin is better.In fact it is the best terminal presently.
The important factors to make the comparison is the speed of execution of the orders ,timely quotes and fast order modification. I heard that KEAT has delayed quotes,also banks has limited bandwidth for trading usually.

Anand rathi offers a better brokerage for you,so better to stick to it.
Kotak is not competitive since it is a bank based brokerage they will not usually lower it below 0.03% intraday /0.3% deli.

Also the per lot brokerage is very good at 20Rs. Go for it.
Prepaid brokerage is decent if you can access it 0.01% intraday. It is better since you are not forced to trade and you can breakeven on trades faster and spend lesser time in any trade. It is excellent. In Sharekhan for 600oyou would get 0.03% intraday rate and Indiabulls bangalore forget about it you need 1 lakh prepaid brokerage for this rate. So enjoy!

Tradejack

Thanks alroyraj for your valueable comment that was i expected.as per your view who is the best broking house for commodity trading in these parameters-software,brokerage,leavrage,initial,margin, call centre support etc.,

alroyraj

Thanks alroyraj for your valueable comment that was i expected.as per your view who is the best broking house for commodity trading in these parameters-software,brokerage,leverage,initial,margin, call centre support etc.,
All commodity brokerages use odin for trading.
Geojit is the best for commodities. Geojit has the lowest rate without committment at 0.03% for commodities. Leverage is restricted to 3 times at most brokerages. Also the dealer/RMs are more stable (do not leave frequently,decent knowledge). I am from Bangalore,so these may differ where you are.
But before choosing a brokerage for commodities ensure the RM is knowledgable because it is more critical for commodities trading.
Particular if you trade Pepper geojit is the most capable.
Other brokerages that give good support/research support are Karvy (terminal is bit different not so widely used but good analysis),Sharekhan (Trade tiger i think but offline customerrs get detailed research material)Angel (Odin).
I would recommend Geojit but RM is also highly important because he monitors several indicators like stock in China exchange ,global rpices,forex rates, jobless claims,US market sentiment etc. and communicates them to you.

Tradejack

Hi,alroyraj u told about geojit.but geojit do not provide trade facility in commodity.so after thinking more &after comparisions.I quit anand rathi and I have chosen karvy.they offered me 2paisa brokerage for commodity.also they r giving me odin diet .and i like their research&analysis reports are awesome.and last thing u told that RM should be good.i found the same. Thanks for ur advice

murthyavr

Hi,alroyraj u told about geojit.but geojit do not provide trade facility in commodity.so after thinking more &after comparisions.I quit anand rathi and I have chosen karvy.they offered me 2paisa brokerage for commodity.also they r giving me odin diet .and i like their research&analysis reports are awesome.and last thing u told that RM should be good.i found the same. Thanks for ur advice
What are the charges of Karvy for Intraday and Delivery?

Are you sure that they are offering ODIN?

Tradejack

What are the charges of Karvy for Intraday and Delivery?

Are you sure that they are offering ODIN?
they offered me odin diet for commodity with 2paisa brok.&for stocks their offer is 3paisa intraday/30paisa for delivery.also for stocks they are giving their software 'gotex'(i think this is the right name,bcoz i didn't see it only i heared the name )