Brokerage vs profit on options

I've posted before on this subject but thought I would again regarding making sure you look closely at brokerage costs associated with options trading.

I use hdfc securities and the the brokerage charges are rs 4 per unit on both on buy and sell.

To put that in context, at any option that is around Rs 100, you have to get over 8% gain just to breakeven. This is excluding the impact of stamp duty/stt etc.

Seems to me that hdfc is certainly gouging on fees but not sure what experience is at other brokerages.

Please post your experiences.

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I've posted before on this subject but thought I would again regarding making sure you look closely at brokerage costs associated with options trading.

I use hdfc securities and the the brokerage charges are rs 4 per unit on both on buy and sell.

To put that in context, at any option that is around Rs 100, you have to get over 8% gain just to breakeven. This is excluding the impact of stamp duty/stt etc.

Seems to me that hdfc is certainly gouging on fees but not sure what experience is at other brokerages.

Please post your experiences.
for options , zerodha is best at 20 rs per order irrespective of how many lots you buy/sell.

jagankris

for options , zerodha is best at 20 rs per order irrespective of how many lots you buy/sell.
If one is a full time day trader with multiple trades.
Fixed brokerage is best than per trade brokerage.
And no need to pay service tax on brokerage.
As one may exit/enter multiple times.
The brake even per lot is 15 paise for a 100 rs Nifty option.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
If one is a full time day trader with multiple trades.
Fixed brokerage is best than per trade brokerage.
And no need to pay service tax on brokerage.
As one may exit/enter multiple times.
The brake even per lot is 15 paise for a 100 rs Nifty option.
yes I remember your trades in nifty options u showed to me few years back , you were /are option scalper and multiple entries/exits per day :D