Brokerage on Futures Expiry!

Hello Guys!

i just found out that my broker, sharekhan, is charging brokerage on the expiry leg of my nifty futures contract!!

as far as i know, this shoudnt be so, but just wanted to double check before i take up the matter with them.

any help would be great help
thanks in advance
khaleel

aditya14

Hello Guys!

i just found out that my broker, sharekhan, is charging brokerage on the expiry leg of my nifty futures contract!!

as far as i know, this shoudnt be so, but just wanted to double check before i take up the matter with them.

any help would be great help
thanks in advance
khaleel
Dude here is something of value for Expiry:
1) If you buy a Call/Put and it expires in the money(<>0) then it gets exercised at the Nifty spot rate.In this case when u get exercised then you have to pay brokerage and heavy STT(.125% as against normal .017%).
2) If you sell any option then second leg brokerage is counted if it gets exercised.(no .0125% STT applicable in this case)

Hope this helps you save some money in the future.....

Ya....but my question is for "Futures Contract" not options..

If i hold a futures contract till expiry, does the closing leg (which gets expired) will attract brokerage??

darshanshukla

Yes it will
only in OTM options they will not take brokerage but in all other contracts of trades you have to pay it..........
Hope you understand
and please delete your thread if your are
as this all will make big traffic bro
hope you understand
Happy trading ahead

Ya....but my question is for "Futures Contract" not options..

If i hold a futures contract till expiry, does the closing leg (which gets expired) will attract brokerage??