Brokerage for F&O segment

Hello,

I would like to know about the brokerage charges for the F&O segment. I trade through India Infoline and I feel the charges are quite high. For eg If I purchase one Nifty call option @322 then my brokerage (excluding STT and other service charges) comes to 3.22*50=161 for a buy side and the same way it is calculated for the sell side. Due to this my profits are wiped off.

This charges can be negotiated? Where I can get better rates?

Smita

I think India infoline charging less. when you see Sharekhan they are charging 2/- brokerage for buy and again 2/- for sell (again there will be other charges as usual :D ).

T

pasha

161 each side is too much.
Any broker will give you a flat rate of Rs.50- 60 each side, per lot.
Try Angel, Geojit or RKglobal.

aditya14

Hello,

I would like to know about the brokerage charges for the F&O segment. I trade through India Infoline and I feel the charges are quite high. For eg If I purchase one Nifty call option @322 then my brokerage (excluding STT and other service charges) comes to 3.22*50=161 for a buy side and the same way it is calculated for the sell side. Due to this my profits are wiped off.

This charges can be negotiated? Where I can get better rates?

Smita
Yup i also have this problem and i asked my broker.Now he says he has sent a mail to reduce brokerage but i havent traded in options since then.Even ICICI has lower brokerage then INDIA INFOLINE bunch of idiots.

Raju

Hello Vikas,

I am also thinking to change broker.Sharekhan is charging high on options.
Options (1% for buy and 0 for sell - Intraday)
( 1% for buy & 1% for sell - If options are kept beyond one day)

1. How is RLGLOBAL service ?
  2. Do they charge If I call them up and ask them to execute one order on my behalf ?
  3. How abt web client - is it fast enough . BROADBAND speed is good at my end.?
  4. Or do u suggest to opt for ODIEN which I beleive have to pay 300/- per month.
  5. Brokerage 9/- seems to be very good of RKGLOBAL
  6. Hey Vikas any idea abt Ventura ?
I am searching for a broker with less brokerage for options and good service.

Regards,
Raju

Hello Vikas,

2. Do they charge If I call them up and ask them to execute one order on my behalf ?
  4. Or do u suggest to opt for ODIEN which I beleive have to pay 300/- per month.

Regards,
Raju
Have you checked with Ventura securities..?? they charge 35/- per option lot.

Yup i also have this problem and i asked my broker.Now he says he has sent a mail to reduce brokerage but i havent traded in options since then.Even ICICI has lower brokerage then INDIA INFOLINE bunch of idiots.
My RM is has also told me that he had written an e mail to his senior but not yet received any reply. Its been near about a month now that he is giving me this answer.

findvikas

See answers inline

Hello Vikas,

>> It just works... so far no probs and ben using RK for 4-5 months and completely going to switch from Kotak which I used for more than 3 years
    >> Yes they do, I guess 25/- per order
    >> Never traded with web client so cant say
    >> If you are a serious trader and can recover the cost of ODIN then go for it. If you are just positional trader then anything can do.
    >> Nope... never tried them

Regards,
Raju