Brokerage Charges

deadbrain

Hi

I traded around 11 lakhs (Buy+Sell) in cash and IIFL charged me around Rs 580 for that. I am supposedly on 3 ps/30 ps rates. Is not the brokerage high? How much are you guys paying for?:annoyed:

mohan.sic

Hi

I traded around 11 lakhs (Buy+Sell) in cash and IIFL charged me around Rs 580 for that. I am supposedly on 3 ps/30 ps rates. Is not the brokerage high? How much are you guys paying for?:annoyed:
ya 0.03 is little higher, . Negotiate with them for 0.01. But dont change your broker and opt for some cheap broker for this reason. brokerage should not hurt you unless your are trading heavily.

Also check with them about 1) minimum brokerage and 2) minimum brokerage per order.

If you do think it's really too much you can simply ask them to lower the whole thing anyway. And if they will not agree, you can honestly simply close the deal and that's it and move on to other broker who will not charge you arm and leg anyway.

I am with last poster here, brokers do make their living on spreads and you should take some parts in account of that matter entirely and possibly. What else really could be done for such? Find another broker and post on some more forums.

Nowadays few brokers started offering zero brokerage or unlimited trading plan. I literally don't pay a penny to broker, let alone government charges.

Nowadays few brokers started offering zero brokerage or unlimited trading plan. I literally don't pay a penny to broker, let alone government charges.
Yes you are right. There are brokers who have started to offer zero brokerage like finvasia, FIT plan by kotak and also tradeplus online has unlimited plan (for fno).