Brokerage charged on orders not executed?

Is brokerage charged on a trade even if it does not get executed? I am looking to open an account with a discount brokerage (RKSV) and their wordings are ambiguous and seem to suggest that even if the order does not go through, I will still be charged the brokerage fees. Someone please clarify.

One more thing. Under what circumstances can the order not get executed? I am new to trading so please excuse me if this question is silly :)

Thanks.

mohan.sic

Is brokerage charged on a trade even if it does not get executed? I am looking to open an account with a discount brokerage (RKSV) and their wordings are ambiguous and seem to suggest that even if the order does not go through, I will still be charged the brokerage fees. Someone please clarify.

One more thing. Under what circumstances can the order not get executed? I am new to trading so please excuse me if this question is silly :)

Thanks.

You will be charged only if order is executed.

order will not get executed only if there is no counter party order matching your buy/ sell price.

These basic things you will understand better if you watch trading terminal for couple of days.

You will be charged only if order is executed.

order will not get executed only if there is no counter party order matching your buy/ sell price.

These basic things you will understand better if you watch trading terminal for couple of days.
Thanks for the answer. So you are saying that if I put in a limit order and it does not get filled, I will not be charged?

Also how is a candle stick on tick data (second by second) to be interpreted? I know that for EOD data, the candle stick represents OHLC for the whole day, but what does it represent for tick data? Is it something to do with bid-ask etc.? Details please. Thank you.