Broadband in India

Hi,

I am visiting and working in Delhi area from January. Would just like to know what kind of Internet services are available in India today. I hope to be renting in the Gurgaon area on the outskirts of delhi.

Can you get broadband internet at home? Is it easy/costly? Who are the reliable providers? How long is the installation process?

Also is volume data provided for the NSE/BSE stocks and indices? Who are the reliable providers?

Would be grateful to hear from people who may have knowledge about this in the areas mentioned.

Many Thanks

MW

sh50

I stay in Delhi. The best broadband is Airtel. You can ask anyone. I have never had a single problem after I engaged them and they are thoroughlly professional.

Creditviolet stays in Bangalore.So I will have the beer. On second thoughts, I will settle for Rum because of the winter.

go for airtel adsl connection. Contrary to popular opinion, pvt broadband providers are misers when it comes to bandwidth, but airtel service is good.
MTNL will make your "joote ghis jayenge" if any problem crops up. Dont go for any cable connection. Also you would get free phone connection without any rent if you opt for unltd. 128 or 256 kbps plan.

Man welcome to India ,

If you want to go for high speed internet connection ,better go for VSNL ( Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd ) ..www.vsnl.com.

One of the fastest and cheapest and pioneer in providing internet connection in India. I`ve been using from almost 5 years and never wanted to change it .

Happy Surfing
Samir Patel.

jatayoo

Man welcome to India ,

If you want to go for high speed internet connection ,better go for VSNL ( Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd ) ..www.vsnl.com.

One of the fastest and cheapest and pioneer in providing internet connection in India. I`ve been using from almost 5 years and never wanted to change it .

Happy Surfing
Samir Patel.
----------------------------------------------------------
HI EVERYONE
.......As expected MTNL in delhi is giving a fight to BSNL.Today the speed of my connection is almost 2 Mbps as against 256 Kbps that i had subscribed for.Their is no extra charges for this i have gathered from the website of the co.This has made me uprate MTNL to Equalweight from Underweight.I was of the view that MTNL management had no initiative to capture the broadband oppertunity in Delhi and Mumbai and i was correct for so long.Their system is robust and scalable,but touch with the needs of the consumer was missing and no one cared for this.
..... The co was apeing others in the mobile services space ... that's all.:eek: IT appears that a little bit has changed ;and for their good as they have plans for IPTV in delhi and mumbai.HENCE EQUALLWEIGHT FROM TODAY AND ON MY RADAR.:eek: