breakout

is OBV the same as NCU - Adaptick Trend Index ?
what happens is i have too many indicators on my screen and i would want to keep them to the most efficient ones

karthikmarar

cmlee said:
is OBV the same as NCU - Adaptick Trend Index ?
what happens is i have too many indicators on my screen and i would want to keep them to the most efficient ones
No OBV is not the same as Adaptic Trend index(ATI). ATI tries to predict trend reversals using Linear regression slope and volatility of the stock. It is the Adaptics Volume Acceleration Index (AVAI) which is a measure of the volume acceleration.

I am enclosing the same D-link chart with AVAI and ATI plots. You can notice the AVAI predicted the volume acceleration concurring with the upside breakout signal. The ATI indicates that the up trend is likely to continue.

Based on my experience my advice will be not to use too many indicators. It will only confuse you. Best thing is to select a few indicators, which you are comfortable with and use them.

karthik

Last edited:

AJAY

there should be rally for about Rs.250 from 1600 level. i wll discuss charts later in detail. but trading in f&o requires a lot of disciplined mindset. you must be ready to reverse your trades sometimes. we will discuss later.
AJAY

AJAY

Hareshbhaip & renerwest
with regard to trading the stocks intraday also, a lot of homework is needed. I thought of posting some examples in charts also. I will do it later. Anyhow i will explain some points here.
Basically follow the support and resistance lines on daily and weekly charts. Look for the stocks coming near to them. Try to take trades once the breakout happens. On a genuine breakout you will definitely get volumes as they are the points where the knowledge played enters the market.
secondly try to look for the volume action and flat and no progress price moves. you can observe ABB for example in the recent past.
Wait for the move to happen and take trasdes on confirmation. we will discuss other methods later.
The volume action is seemingly taking in GAIL also. Perhaps we will be listening some news in GAIL sometime later as news always follows charts.
AJAY
I tried to upload the jpeg file for abb. But i could not as file file is larger than the allowed size

Last edited: