Books That Changed You

Best Books That Changed U as a Trader

• Total voters

Blackhole

Books that changed me as a trader

I started off as a Gambler! Market is my teacher, very costly and many would vouch for that.

Learned from many forums,blogs but certainly apart from market many books changed my perspective and made me aware about reality. Now i can differentiate MYth and Facts.

Learned technicals (candlestick- steve nison), Price action by Lance Beggs.

Learn option strategy from many sites,forums,books from Guy Cohen.

Not to forget Van tharp, Al books,Mark Douglas

Please vote for the Book or books that changed your trading,helped improved as a trader. If not in list please mention the name and what made it special

umeshmandal

Made me a New Person :
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Who Moved My Cheese
Tough Times Dont Last Tough People Do
And all three were recommended by Senior Members here on TJ!
My Trading was affected most positively by Traderji ! Starting right from Kolkata Meet till date I have been mostly a "leecher" here not a 'seeder" here on TJ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi

Non of any TA books or PA books nor option strategy books or even how others trade ever changed me. They added knowledge, helped to improve different ways of trading, but did not change me as a trader and person in very depth.

One book that really had an influence, even to my normal life out side trading was:

THE TRADING ATHLETE
(Winning the Mental Game of Online Trading)

by Shane Murphy (Author), Doug Hirschhorn (Author)

ISBN-13: 978-0471418702
ISBN-10: 0471418706

http://www.amazon.com/The-Trading-Athlete-Winning-Mental/dp/0471418706 or Google for other ways to get the book.

Take care / Dan

Blackhole

Hi

Non of any TA books or PA books nor option strategy books or even how others trade ever changed me. They added knowledge, helped to improve different ways of trading, but did not change me as a trader and person in very depth.

One book that really had an influence, even to my normal life out side trading was:

THE TRADING ATHLETE
(Winning the Mental Game of Online Trading)

by Shane Murphy (Author), Doug Hirschhorn (Author)

ISBN-13: 978-0471418702
ISBN-10: 0471418706

http://www.amazon.com/The-Trading-Athlete-Winning-Mental/dp/0471418706 or Google for other ways to get the book.

Take care / Dan
hi dan!

could not think of any other title of the thread then.....any wayz it served the purpose!

every trader finds something somewhere if thats shared in such forums,that adds to the life of everybody where it touches the most when needed.

For me, I like virtually all the books mentioned above, every book has something to tell, how i apply and were i mess is different story:rofl:

Thanks for sharing the book.:thumb:

oilman5

1] Van K Tharp -supertrader,how to grade u
Financial freedom-what to if u want to be trader
2]Jack D schwager(market wizards series)- 1st time told me imp of MM, clarified for success different method exists ,u have to fit u and in ur comfort zone
3]Elder Alexander-trading 4 living,trading room- a real fascinated story on how to trade,
entry-exit,0 imp of mechanical trade and rational thought process
4]Mark Douglas( Disciplined Trader,trading in the zone)- it clarifies particular psychological thought process of a novice to a trade learner
5]Candlesticks (steve nison)- basic on candle
6]Guy Cohen -JL Lord (Bible of option stra,option 4 all)- mp for risk/reward structure on option (read last yr only,but could not apply it
7]Al brooks - Lance Beggs (price Action)- helps to start price study is imp,but video is better , more imp i find trend dynamics course
8]Turtle series- imp of trend , u dont have to be right to make money
9]-System building /System trading Books (kevin davey/hobard)- i dont read
10]PITBULL- read as story book /
One Good trade /The StockTwits Edge-not read
also i read and found useful works of MARTIN PRING
MOST USEFUL I FIND -PHANTOM OF PIT.
my knowledge on trading improves when i attend lecture from SAM SIEDEN ,OTA
slowly as a trader u will evolve and read ur own notes- on imp winning/losing trade

Blackhole

1] Van K Tharp -supertrader,how to grade u
Financial freedom-what to if u want to be trader
2]Jack D schwager(market wizards series)- 1st time told me imp of MM, clarified for success different method exists ,u have to fit u and in ur comfort zone
3]Elder Alexander-trading 4 living,trading room- a real fascinated story on how to trade,
entry-exit,0 imp of mechanical trade and rational thought process
4]Mark Douglas( Disciplined Trader,trading in the zone)- it clarifies particular psychological thought process of a novice to a trade learner
5]Candlesticks (steve nison)- basic on candle
6]Guy Cohen -JL Lord (Bible of option stra,option 4 all)- mp for risk/reward structure on option (read last yr only,but could not apply it
7]Al brooks - Lance Beggs (price Action)- helps to start price study is imp,but video is better , more imp i find trend dynamics course
8]Turtle series- imp of trend , u dont have to be right to make money
9]-System building /System trading Books (kevin davey/hobard)- i dont read
10]PITBULL- read as story book /
One Good trade /The StockTwits Edge-not read
also i read and found useful works of MARTIN PRING
MOST USEFUL I FIND -PHANTOM OF PIT.
my knowledge on trading improves when i attend lecture from SAM SIEDEN ,OTA
slowly as a trader u will evolve and read ur own notes- on imp winning/losing trade
hi Oilman!
I forgot to put PHANTOM of Pit....one of the earlier book i had read...I loved it. Thanks for sharing ur views.

hi Oilman!
I forgot to put PHANTOM of Pit....one of the earlier book i had read...I loved it. Thanks for sharing ur views.
Yep, it is also a nice one to read. :thumb: