Books for practicing visual identification of patterns, trendlines etc

Most books on technical analysis draw Cartoonish figures for explaining different patterns trendlines etc. I mean, it's very simple to identify patterns and trends if you look at the drawings in the book. The patterns are so clean, unambigous & simple. However, in real life, it's not like that.

Are there are any books or resources which help you practice identifying patterns?

Romeo1998

I feel that one of the most successful trader + programmer is Mr. Thomas Bulkowski. He is a very clever and very humble person. He has shown various failed and successful patterns on his website. His website is full of resources. I have asked him 100s of questions through email on candlesticks, fibonacci ratios and chart patterns and he always replies within 24 hrs. Good Luck :)

I feel that one of the most successful trader + programmer is Mr. Thomas Bulkowski. He is a very clever and very humble person. He has shown various failed and successful patterns on his website. His website is full of resources. I have asked him 100s of questions through email on candlesticks, fibonacci ratios and chart patterns and he always replies within 24 hrs. Good Luck :)
I looked at his site. It's a fantastic resource. However, it's not what I asked. It shows patterns where already lines are cleanly drawn & patterns are identified (that's how most books also are). Once somebody draws a nice rectangle or triangle or flag or cup and saucer on a chart, I can also identify the pattern. But I am unable to draw those lines and rectangles & patterns myself on a chart where it's not already been drawn.

I am looking for guidelines on that and also charts where those lines & patterns aren't drawn yet so I can practise drawing them & then compare to the answers.

I looked at his site. It's a fantastic resource. However, it's not what I asked. It shows patterns where already lines are cleanly drawn & patterns are identified (that's how most books also are). Once somebody draws a nice rectangle or triangle or flag or cup and saucer on a chart, I can also identify the pattern. But I am unable to draw those lines and rectangles & patterns myself on a chart where it's not already been drawn.

I am looking for guidelines on that and also charts where those lines & patterns aren't drawn yet so I can practise drawing them & then compare to the answers.
What worked for me was starting with just trendlines. Slowly our lines will form triangles and rectangles and other patterns.

Wow, thanks a lot !!

Vivo, i am also new but i follow a simple rule which you may also try. Start with 1year duration with 1 month candle, look for pattern, reduce to 1 week, look for pattern, reduce to 1 day look for pattern. Try to see, if there are any zig zag which can visually form triagles. If so, you can draw a trend line by connecting highs and lows. Rule is - trend line (either low or high trend line) should touch as many high or low as possible and it should not cross any candle. Share your success on this simplified version.

For fundamental - Security Analysis - Benjamin graham
Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications by John J. Murphy.