Book Review Required

rajeabc

d_s_ramesh

Ashwani Gujral has made it possible to address all the necessities of trading in a nutshell in this book. You can start with this book, as the price of it is quite cheap compared international books which go deep and elaborate more on each subject.

Once you find the concept which attracts you the most, you can go for in depth study using specific books of International authors like Van K Tharp, Dr. Alexander Elder. Welles Wilder, John Murphy, Martin Pring etc.,

rkkarnani

My view : Ramesh has given a very "correct" view in general and on the book specificly. It is good for basics. Moreover my feeling is that it is still some time before Indian Option market matures. Max stock options are illiquid. The spreads are simply untradeable. You cannot implement the Greeks and take positions.
Only the Nifty options make it international standards... just my $0.02

thanks for the replies, I have seen quite some books befor zeroing on this one. All other books seem to contain formulas and equations and looks like a text book for a finance MBA guy. The tech savy person I am I just want to learn the stratergies and understanding of futures and options so that I can trade in them with confidence as I do with shares.

After seeing the replies I just have one more clarification, can't a person from non-finance background understand and make money in F&O without reading those texbooks?

rkkarnani

thanks for the replies, I have seen quite some books befor zeroing on this one. All other books seem to contain formulas and equations and looks like a text book for a finance MBA guy. The tech savy person I am I just want to learn the stratergies and understanding of futures and options so that I can trade in them with confidence as I do with shares.

After seeing the replies I just have one more clarification, can't a person from non-finance background understand and make money in F&O without reading those texbooks?
Try this , may suit you : A wrod file I have been giving to many a New enterants in FnO, it is India specific, so may be will help

http://rapidshare.com/files/413228835/StepByStepLearning.rar.html

alroyraj

I would like to recommend Futures and Options by A.N.Sridhar by SPB (Shroff Publications and Distributors). It is a book that makes the topic quite simple with good illustrations with examples of Indian companies, no technical jargon. I just bought it at the nearest Sapna bookhouse. I strongly recommend it. In fact, after browsing thru it in the store I couldnt let it go and eventually purchased it and I am an MBA so there you go. The simplicity was amazing very unlike a finance textbook. ;-)

Yes - Ashwani Gujral Book is one of the greatest book I ever read and still reading in phase manner. I would recommend you to read it if you want to know good basics on derivatives. I have been owning it for past couple of month. Although Options is still confusing as I am mathematically not very strong but Gujral bhai really rocks my mind.

Arun.