BollingerBands

Did Bollinger Bands help you?

• Yes

Votes: 239 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.1%

• Total voters
Sir, you are talking about Bollinger Worm thread....right ?
No no. Bollingerworm is EMA high and low of the candles. Anyway, Columbus has explained the concept in the following post.
Apart from this,3D-BB is also ,good strategy.But somehow ,it did not catch as much as
attention as my previous threads.No regrets.I found all strategies by experiments and
necessities.I post data in all threads on regular weekly basis.

Why 3-D bollinger band?

I observed on thing that I am booking profit early.So I introduced different series of bands at BB(25,2.5),
BB(24,2.4),BB(23,2.3),BB(22,2.2).............etc.At any cost one should liquidate positions at BB(25,2.5).
Similarly one should BUY at any cost at BB(25,2.5) .

columbus

Apart from this,3D-BB is also ,good strategy.But somehow ,it did not catch as much as
attention as my previous threads.No regrets.I found all strategies by experiments and
necessities.I post data in all threads on regular weekly basis.

Why 3-D bollinger band?

I observed on thing that I am booking profit early.So I introduced different series of bands at BB(25,2.5),
BB(24,2.4),BB(23,2.3),BB(22,2.2).............etc.At any cost one should liquidate positions at BB(25,2.5).
Similarly one should BUY at any cost at BB(25,2.5) .
No no. Bollingerworm is EMA high and low of the candles. Anyway, Columbus has explained the concept in the following post.
Ankit was referring to BOLLINGER WORM only. As a passing reference I mentioned
about 3-D Bollinger Band.In fact I opened my post with " Apart from this,3D-BB is also ,good strategy...................................................."

Columbus sir , is it possible to get an idea of the "trend"of a particular day using BB ?

A thought that came to my mind is if a trend for a day is down , but by any reason we get a piercing at bottom band signalling long , what should be done ?

As per the signal if we go long, we'll be going against the trend , right ?

Please clarify the doubt , and plz don't mind my silly questions :p . I want to remove all doubts and get a grip on this wonderful concept.

columbus

columbus

Columbus sir , is it possible to get an idea of the "trend"of a particular day using BB ?

A thought that came to my mind is if a trend for a day is down , but by any reason we get a piercing at bottom band signalling long , what should be done ?

As per the signal if we go long, we'll be going against the trend , right ?

Please clarify the doubt , and plz don't mind my silly questions :p . I want to remove all doubts and get a grip on this wonderful concept.

This is NIFTY chart of last few months with timeframe of DAY.

At 1 ,a pair was spotted RED+GREEN, on lower band. In normal circumstance a BUY should
be initiated.But it went further down. At 2 ,it behaved properly.But at 3 ,a pair GREEN+RED
is spotted.In normal circumstances a SELL would have been initiated ,but it had moved UP.

Perhaps a different time frame will unfold differently.

Columbus sir , i have a query. Why is it advisable to trade when fresh bands start to appear and not trade with continuation of previous data ?

In case of 3min TF , bands start at 10.15am . What i marked is if we get good moves in any direction till 10.15 , we wont be able to take an advantage.

Like i found in today's charts.

Is there a way to catch initial moves ? Or should we strictly follow the fresh bands ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B AmiBroker 0