Bollinger Band on RSI

karthikmarar

Hi Loknath

The article gives the following Buy and Sell Condition..

Code:
Sell signal is generated every time RSI rises above Upper Bollinger Band while MACD<0. Buy signal is generated when RSI falls below Lowe Bollinger Band while MACD>0.
I have observed that RSI falling below the BB lower band when MACD > 0 is extremly rare in stocks. Also RSI rising above the BB upper Band when MACD is < 0 does not happen. Myabe it happens in Fx trading but definitely not on stocks. So I dont find it useful.

regards

Karthik

Hi loknath,

you have rightly read this article where it is told of RSI crossing the bollinger band. I use this technique on day trading to find if the current trend is finishing steam or not. The bollinger has to be have 20 time periods and deviation 2, that is I use. But do take confirmation from other indicators too before you buy.

Thanks
Ropewalker

U

uasish

Hi,
RSI is basically a relation of Upward Price to Downward Price change,means following PRICE,now BB one kind of Std Deviation form Mean(here Mov Avg of RSI).The basic scinitific domain used here is ,that in any data field (maybe population census,or say Maruti's sales fig,region wise ,model wise) when plotted ,there can be say a zone where majority of data clusters or a point can be found having the least distance from other sporadic points.After deriving that zone or point normally a Standard Deviation method is adopted to give a boundary of that zone/point so as to catch majority of the data within that boundary.We use BB on price to identify those points ,which were plotted outside ,once they start plotting outside than their historical boundary we assume then that a new trend has started,in the meantime the basic point/zone (here mov.avg of price) try to adjust itself so as to bring or tame those maverick points.(Here our trading strategy of getting 1 closing inside the band ) Now in this thread here we assume RSI's historical band & std deviation,will do the same as BB does to Price.However RSI itself is a way of expressing Price,means a DERIVATIVE of Price,we are again taking another expression or derivative of that derivative.Personally feel we r trying to tweak at the sake of tweaking,chances r we may throw the baby along with the bath tub water. Rather putting both the Price Derivative ,BB & RSI on 2 seperate window in the chart along with the Price ,& save as a template,then eye ball few charts to find out whether there is any correlation in these 2 price derivative,you may find some interesting things,that is what is known as a Story the chart is trying to tell you.These r my personal views.

Asish

U

uasish

Hi,
So many things to learn ,Options from Vince ,System Trading from CV / Oxy,pattern & so many things,list is long,
huge shortage of time due to perrinieal illness ,if only plan to download data from NSE server & manually rectify,rather than waiting for group data,can save few hours.If only Ashish,CV,Vince,Oxy,Winstonn & many others could frequent forum regularly with their live contrbutions.Saint is back that is HUGE
gain.

Asish

Please guide me to get live 'moving average crossover' charting. I am using Diet ODIN software for trading. As BSE and NSE charting are delayed by atleast 5 to 15 minutes thatswhy it is not useful to decide instant movement of stocks.

Thanx, If any member can give suitable guidance.

rh6996

Dear Karthik,

I found this old post of yours.When you say RSI falling below lower Bollinger band do you mean Bollinger Band is plotted on the RSI indicator?

Regards,

Sourav
Yes, thats the idea!! What is missing is BB and RSI parameters; I presume it may not be the Default setting of 20,2 for BB and 14 for RSI!!
Any knowledgeable person may kindly clarify please!!