Bloomberg-UTV is misleading a bit !!!

columbus

I do not understand the rationale of Bloomberg-UTV giving the indices
of EUROPE in the morning along with Sensex and Nifty.European markets
open well within our market times.We get to see 3 hours of market action
there.To be frank ,our market reacts to Europe's opening only.Europe's closing
is factored into American Markets.Since America opens and closes outside
ours', the closing of American indices are quite important for us.

hills_5000

The aim , according to me is to to give you a holistic picture of what happened since the previous day in those markets when they opened up...

Whether SM screwed us giving a red / green in europe , only to reverse it after we closed ...OR .scrwed all once the US mkts opened....

So id say , for a person who cant follow mkts all the time ..except at news hour... they do a pretty god job , unlike CNBC, who will not mention stocks under accumulation even if they have run up 4/5/6 %...

I do not understand the rationale of Bloomberg-UTV giving the indices
of EUROPE in the morning along with Sensex and Nifty.European markets
open well within our market times.We get to see 3 hours of market action
there.To be frank ,our market reacts to Europe's opening only.Europe's closing
is factored into American Markets.Since America opens and closes outside
ours', the closing of American indices are quite important for us.

columbus

The aim , according to me is to to give you a holistic picture of what happened since the previous day in those markets when they opened up...

Whether SM screwed us giving a red / green in europe , only to reverse it after we closed ...OR .scrwed all once the US mkts opened....

So id say , for a person who cant follow mkts all the time ..except at news hour... they do a pretty god job , unlike CNBC, who will not mention stocks under accumulation even if they have run up 4/5/6 %...
Hi Hills,

When UTV Business started operations few months back (It was not Bloomberg-UTV)
they used to give more emphasis on Technicals.One has to take decision based on technicals.
Now I feel the emphasis on technicals has reduced.

Coming to my previous message, a person who is looking at ,say 12.25pm,
europe indices ,may believe that ,it is live data and his/her actions are
based on that.LIVE data should not be clubbed with old data, with
exception NASDAQ & DOW JONES since they open and close in the night.

praveen taneja

Just want to say one thing that aim of all these TV chennel is making money and helping creating sentiments in favour of group which is paying them Bears or Bulls

alroyraj

Agreed ,cnbc in fact reports the buzzing stocks well after the move has taken place,so reporting such news is useless. Guess we have to diversify our sources of news reporting but people still by and large use CNBC. Many are still paid channels thru DTH and I use the cable wallah's digital STB.

We could benefit from a comparison of the reporting standards aththese alternatives. In what I had seen earlier I believe ETNow had a good grip on foreign news stories. NDTV Profit is quite unbiased i have observed so far.

bunny

Agreed ,cnbc in fact reports the buzzing stocks well after the move has taken place,so reporting such news is useless. Guess we have to diversify our sources of news reporting but people still by and large use CNBC. Many are still paid channels thru DTH and I use the cable wallah's digital STB.

We could benefit from a comparison of the reporting standards aththese alternatives. In what I had seen earlier I believe ETNow had a good grip on foreign news stories. NDTV Profit is quite unbiased i have observed so far.

And you must see Lata Venkateshan's enthusiasm as she reports. From her expressions it looks as if she gets 1 crore for every stock thats buzzing. Prior o this was Ashu Dutt who always came to the show thinking that he knows all. Latest I hear on him is that he is also making money writing and selling books.

What I never understand about analysts is that these people who earn a few lacs or crores per annum think that it is within their capacity to make statements about business worth thousands of crores.

And you must see Lata Venkateshan's enthusiasm as she reports. From her expressions it looks as if she gets 1 crore for every stock thats buzzing. Prior o this was Ashu Dutt who always came to the show thinking that he knows all. Latest I hear on him is that he is also making money writing and selling books.
:rofl:
What I never understand about analysts is that these people who earn a few lacs or crores per annum think that it is within their capacity to make statements about business worth thousands of crores.
IMHO, all these business news channels are useless for a trader. There is nothing new to know from their expert analysis that which large market players already do not know. Everything significant is already factored in the price action and it is all there on the chart. :p These are only suitable for non active participants in the market who like to know what happened in the stock market today like they want to know what happened in cricket, tennis, politics etc. today.