Black Monday (15th Sept 2008) affect consolation - how much money we have lost?

How much have you lost?

• More then 50 K but less then 1 lacs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More then 1 lacs but less then 3 lacs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Black Monday affect - how much money you have lost?

so far I have lost 16K....:mad: :mad: :mad:

(This is after following Technical Analysis based Trading plan and applying strick Stop loss...the sliding sensex didnot give me chance to exist any sooner....)

oxusmorouz

(This is after following Technical Analysis based Trading plan and applying strick Stop loss...the sliding sensex didnot give me chance to exist any sooner....)
Loss goes proportion to portfolio value. A 16k loss for an account of 3million is not equal to a 16k loss for an account of 30,000. Absolutes make no difference.

gunavadhi

but my blackday started in last thursday itself.long in NF@4321 traded 2 lots.still holding.

I am in NO loss.

Loss & gain are two sides of trading coin.

I donn know which stocks u were holding. But sorry to say, most of the stocks were giving exit (long) signals before the black monday referred by u.

alokdaga

but my blackday started in last thursday itself.long in NF@4321 traded 2 lots.still holding.
I feel sorry for you. But this forum has some gem of threads on Nifty - Even if you could not have earned but you could have atleast exited your position which would have saved you a lot.

Look for the 60 min flow thread on Nifty. You might find it useful

ARMHM

On the contarary I have gained on Monday. Today again market is going to crash and I will be gaining. i.e. if it crashes otherwise I will not lose anything.

Pattel

I earned the biggest profit in my short trading life on that black Monday. thanks to saint's flow method. was holding 4 lots of short.