Birla Sunlife AMC

Dear MF investors,

I wish to make some MF investment. Can any of you tell me if it is wise investing with BIRLA AMC ?

If yes, which of their schemes should i choose?

Is going for a SIP of 5,000 monthly with Birla worth?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Re: MF with Birla AMC?

Birla AMC has some good funds

Equity
Birla Sunlife Equity
Birla Sunlife Frontline Equity
Birla Midcap

Debt
Birla Short term
Birla Sunlife Income

dear WISE Vicky,

thanks for your reply and suggestions.

i have learnt much through reading your posts and replies- they are very informative and sensible. i u/s u have a way with investments.

good luck and thanks!

dear mrindia,

thank you for your reply.
that's certainly a good idea -to keep your eggs in various baskets! but, i heard about Birla's performance and wanted to know if it is worthy to opt for their schemes

best wishes!

dear WISE Vicky,

thanks for your reply and suggestions.

i have learnt much through reading your posts and replies- they are very informative and sensible. i u/s u have a way with investments.

good luck and thanks!
Thanks, I am as much new as any other investor.

Also dont put all your money in the same fund house.

You could choose good funds from valueresearchonline.com

Dear Vicky,

thanks for the reply. true, i must spread out my investment rather than stick to one fund house. i perused fund ratings and performances on valueresearchonline. yet, as with many others, i am confused on seeing sooooo.... many options! unable to decide which.

i have 30k to put in. not looking for tax saving. can take high risk, NOT AGGRESSIVE. so, the choice have to be equity growth schemes, for all i know about this.

could u suggest some different schemes of various fund houses,please?

also, in some of your posts, you have said "no more midcaps"; while suggested midcaps in some others.at present very few midcaps seem to be doing well(like sundaram). but, i heard an expert on TV say that midcaps cannot be a wise choice. could u clarify?

best wishes,

peacefulworld
(aka sathya)

Yes, I personally do not have midcap fund in my portfolio. But there are many investors in this forum who want to add midcap specific funds in their portfolio. In that case Nirla Mid cap would be a good choice.

Diversified

Reliance Growth
DSP ML Equity
Franklin Prima Plus

Tax Savings
Birla Sunlife Tax Relief 96

Birla Sun Life wins The Mutual Fund House of the Year award

Birla Sun Life wins The Mutual Fund House of the Year award

The annual CNBC TV 18-CRISIL Mutual Fund awards announced
Birla Sun Life MF bags 6 prestigious awards
These include 3 awards for debt schemes, 2 for equity and the most coveted Mutual Fund House of the Year award
These Awards recognize the superior and consistent performance of the schemes, across both long term and short term horizons

Mumbai, 10th March, 2008
: Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company has been crowned the Mutual Fund of the Year, at the annual CNBC TV 18 - CRISIL Mutual Fund awards function, powered by the rating agency CRISIL. This particular award recognizes the fund house for its performance and consistency in wealth creation, across all schemes offered by the fund house.

The fund house received 6 awards in total; three debt schemes, two equity schemes and the most coveted Mutual Fund of the Year award.

In the equity category Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity and Birla Infrastructure Fund were the winners while under the debt category Birla Sun Life Income Fund, Birla Sun Life Short Term Fund and Birla MIP (Monthly Income Plans) were crowned numero uno.

The awards were presented at a glittering ceremony, attended by the entire mutual fund fraternity, leading financial advisors and the regulator.

Speaking on the occasion Mr. Anil Kumar, CEO, Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company said At Birla Mutual Fund we are committed to a strategy of providing our investors not only superior returns, but consistent returns. All these awards are recognition of our winning strategy. Our fund management team has done a stupendous job as a well-knit unit and I salute their spirit.

These CNBC TV 18-CRISIL awards come in the wake of the 2 awards won by Birla Mutual Fund at the recent ICRA Fund Awards. Recognition of the fund houses performance has not been restricted to the shores of India. Lipper, the international rating agency, also bestowed 4 awards on Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund, including one wherein their Tax Fund was adjudged the 3rd best performing equity fund in the world, and the best in India, over a 10-year horizon.

About Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Ltd., is one of Indias leading AMCs with over Rs.38,000 crores of assets under management and an investor base of over 16 lacs (as on 29.02.2008).