!!! Beware Illegal AmiBroker Users !!!

pannet1

Had their being no piracy, their would have been no Windows. The poorest of humans would be using Firefox, LibreOffice, and GIMP as their default software and not Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, or Adobe Photoshop. Microsoft’s ecosystem of software would have been much smaller, so many corporate systems today would be upgrading their legacy systems from old Ubuntu LTS 12 and Ubuntu LTS 14 to LTS 16 instead of Windows 7 to 10.

PIRACY NEVER HELPS! IT ALWAYS RICOCHET RIGHT BACK AT THE USERS....

For every S/W product of Microsoft, Adobe, etc.. there exists a pirated copy. So who controls the lives of users? Obviously Microsoft, Adobe! Had there been no piracy, we would have been controlled by the open-source collaborations instead of these giant corporations - that was the real purpose of IT - to serve mankind! Not to feed corporations! But look what we have made of ourselves........

PIRACY NEVER HELPS!

Microsoft could take the risk as it evolved to become a corporation with 100k+ employees. Whereas, AmiBroker is a result of an individual's sweat, who choose to share it with the retail world instead of opening his doors for the corporate clients only.

Big Corporation can riochet back at piracy by controlling users' lives. Individual software authors can riochet back at piracy by implementing embargo.

"Best Platform"?
Keep AmiBroker in one hand and keep remaining trading applications available to Retail on the other. Before trying out AmiBroker, I had devoured Meta, Ninja, TS, eSgnl and FoxT. I found peace at AmiBroker! Why? Needless to mention, apart from AmiBroker all of them charge a hefty monthly subscription. Secondly, as long as a trading system is logical and programmatically comprehensible, the freedom to construct anything is easily possible in AmiBroker. Thirdly, its blazing speed (thanks to vector processing), efficient polymorphism, flawless multi-threaded execution. Can any other application provide high-speed Optimization, Monte-Carlo simulation, Backtesting, Scans, all at same-place like AmiBroker. I doubt that! And at the same price in which you can get AmiBroker..... huh!

For your reference there is 1000+ pages long AmiBroker's User Manual (which is available for free at Amibroker.com). Can you share a user-manual of any other application like that of AmiBroker's?

Provided an individual allows himself (or herself), the time, discipline and sanity - even a non-programmer can construct strategies using AFL. It's that of an unique high-level language!

"tub and see ocean"
You seriously need to check the reality - who is in a "tub"? AmiBroker is the ocean! Don't make shameless, disrespectful, disgraceful, naive assumptions.

AmiBroker needs brain and time, i.e. creativity. Nothing to prove, reality is in-front of you... You can't see because you are using unfair means.

Billionaire or not - irrelevant in this context! But remember while you point one finger at others (in this case even unrighteously), more than one finger is pointed at yourself!!!

Hope, this arrogance does not kill you! Market makes a true trader humble. You have already showed the World, what you are....

This is a false acquisition. I have tried and tested AmiBroker support in ways you can least imagine. AmiBroker's support and the lovely Community has stood-up and helped me tremendously without any discrimination.

It's a different thing, if one fails to articulate properly or express correctly because of the language barrier or any other XYZ reason - he/she must not be feel abruptly. The AmiBroker Community is made up of very good, smart, grateful intellectuals and is always eager to help!!! That's the reality, try and see for yourself!

P.S. I am a commoner from India who pays tax, Day-Trades, invests heavily in Mutual-Funds/ETFs. A legal user of AmiBroker and need it daily. I have no affiliation with AmiBroker. Just that, being an Indian it hurts to read such reckless atrocities.

Pray not to see the day when use of AmiBroker gets prohibited in India!

Stop being pretentious!

Please don't be a joke in-front of others.

Mark the words.... This is really getting serious.... Stop! Please!
I am just replying to your fear, that some service is going to be stopped for Indians. I repeat, its not enough to make a great product, ensure that it is not stolen. What you started in good intention, will it achieve its objective or will it be a prolonged in-fighting. That is the question.

Reg your statement, that only poor users will be using Firefox, Gimp. Think about it.

Poor user, cannot afford to buy software uses open source/free as in beer, software
Rich user, concerned about privacy, malware, bloatware, never uses google, windows or IOS, uses software for which the source is open
Poor user, cannot afford to buy software uses pirated windows, etc etc
Rich user, dont want to pay a paise for software, uses pirated software or whatever that solves the purpose.

rmike

But Ami should not produce a code that is crackable
I really dont want windows but i am compelled to use it
I hear you and can even probably empathize for the second quote

Jisane paap naa kiya ho, jo paapee naa ho
If I understand this correctly then its likely something more on the same lines .......

Lemme tell you people a l'il story .....

In the winter of 2012 (if I happen to recall the year correctly), I was situated in the embassy area of New Delhi

On a night in Dec of that year, some animals (can't really categorize them as humans by any yardstick of decency) did unspeakable things to a child returning from an outing with a friend!!! I won't go into the details as they are extremely shocking and nauseating!!!

BUT ...... even more grotesque (if such a thing was possible, on top of their actions) ...... was the 'so called' logic put forward by these animals .........

Because the child was a girl ....... And being a girl because she was out beyond 8 PM .... And being a girl who was out beyond 8 PM and that too with a friend, instead of a family member ........... she DESERVED to have had those things done to her!!! :mad:

In life, as in trading, the mind plays tricks on one's outlook by putting forth such 'so called logic', in which an individual seeks justification to condone his/ her case of clear wrongdoing, no matter how completely twisted or warped it may be!!!

One has to view an issue with unbiased objectivity to clearly discern ...... what is ...... and what isn't ...... the right thing to do!!!

Don't be that individual who tries to justify wrongdoing by clinging to warped logic!!! ..... I guess you are intelligent enough to know, what 'so called' logic(?!) is being referred to here!!!

Last edited:

rmike

Now, I do understand the desire of software-developers to want to be paid for their work but still, the point is that software-piracy isn't the same as stealing
Yeah well ,,,,,,, Before you say this and expect people to categorize your 'exalted' opinion of having any merit whatsoever,,,,,,, YOU need to point out how many apps/ utilities/ softwares that YOU have created/ developed/ released!!! And whether such an endeavour is the sole means of YOUR and YOUR family's livelihood!!!

If not ...... then I suppose you can easily discern what your opinion is worth!!!

Funny that you think that stealing software isn't the same as stealing food!!! Well, guess what!!! I've got news for you brainiac ........ it actually is - because you'd be stealing food from the table of a developer's family by directly impacting his/ her ability to earn from his/ her means of livelihood!!!

'Nuff Said!!!

TracerBullet

Not condoning piracy and not directly related to AB pricing, but another factor that is a bit unjust sometimes is purchasing power.

If i do same work as another guy in US i get paid a lot less. ( yes maybe i would not be doing it if my compensation was same ... ). This usually works as my cost is also less. Many books also have Indian editions which are much cheaper.
But some things get priced in dollar terms only. Example - games, while many have regional pricing many big publishers dont do it leading to absurd pricing in India terms ( 10-20x price for example). So then choice is not to play ( moral high ground but is it fair really ? ) or pirate and maybe also support other more fairly priced games from your budget ( swiss laws an example ).

Obviously AB devs deserve to be paid ( whether or not it is best/easy to crack etc etc .. ). For practical point of view, being easy to pirate has also resulted in large use in India, something like windows for example. So now as a business, they will hopefully find a way of converting decent number of these into paid users. People asking/expecting support is really entitled and crazy.

As an aside - i hate having to use windows ... Rightly said that piracy means people use windows which means i have to use windows ... Easy to pirate windows stifles growth of competition .. Why does china / Russia use windows ...

KAL.YUG

I hear you and can even probably empathize for the second quote

If I understand this correctly then its likely something more on the same lines .......

Lemme tell you people a l'il story .....

In the winter of 2012 (if I happen to recall the year correctly), I was situated in the embassy area of New Delhi

On a night in Dec of that year, some animals (can't really categorize them as humans by any yardstick of decency) did unspeakable things to a child returning from an outing with a friend!!! I won't go into the details as they are extremely shocking and nauseating!!!

BUT ...... even more grotesque (if such a thing was possible, on top of their actions) ...... was the 'so called' logic put forward by these animals .........

Because the child was a girl ....... And being a girl because she was out beyond 8 PM .... And being a girl who was out beyond 8 PM and that too with a friend, instead of a family member ........... she DESERVED to have had those things done to her!!! :mad:

In life, as in trading, the mind plays tricks on one's outlook by putting forth such 'so called logic', in which an individual seeks justification to condone his/ her case of clear wrongdoing, no matter how completely twisted or warped it may be!!!

One has to view an issue with unbiased objectivity to clearly discern ...... what is ...... and what isn't ...... the right thing to do!!!

Don't be that individual who tries to justify wrongdoing by clinging to warped logic!!! ..... I guess you are intelligent enough to know, what 'so called' logic(?!) is being referred to here!!!

I posted a song and its lyrics. But then...

Now,I don't understand your logic of measuring Piracy and **** ( a despicable and heinous act and what is more disappointing is you chose the worst of all as an example here) with the same yardstick.

Looks like you have a knack of putting words in mouth and believe them as facts.

Dear Oilman, am a fan of incorporating volume intelligently in the trading equation too. Would appreciate if you would consider sharing 'Trading on Volume' by Cassidy in ebook format.

Regards,

P.S - Your informative posts were a pleasure :)
https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/sharing-the-trading-technique.21384/page-8#post-177973

It is evident that you are intelligent and I don't have to guess .

Yeah well ,,,,,,, Before you say this and expect people to categorize your 'exalted' opinion of having any merit whatsoever,,,,,,, YOU need to point out how many apps/ utilities/ softwares that YOU have created/ developed/ released!!! And whether such an endeavour is the sole means of YOUR and YOUR family's livelihood!!!

If not ...... then I suppose you can easily discern what your opinion is worth!!!

Funny that you think that stealing software isn't the same as stealing food!!! Well, guess what!!! I've got news for you brainiac ........ it actually is - because you'd be stealing food from the table of a developer's family by directly impacting his/ her ability to earn from his/ her means of livelihood!!!

'Nuff Said!!!
You don't have to have worked in a field in order for your opinion to have validity. All you are doing is making appeal to authority whereas a logical statement stands on its on own merits irrespective of who is making it.

Your logical folly is that you ASSUME that food that he WILL buy for his family in the FUTURE already BELONGS to him, which of course, it doesn't; just as you can't stake a claim on some vegetable or fruit in a supermarket today that you WILL (may) buy tomorrow. You are not entitled to a physical object that belongs to somebody else because you EXPECT to own it in the future.

About the whole feeding the family thing, is just an appeal to emotions, not a logical argument at all. Every time someone gets laid off from their job, it could have negative implications for their family but no reasonable person with any understanding of economics & market-efficiency is going to suggest that nobody should ever be laid off from work. That would be so economically inefficient & destructive. People often find other means to be productive & feed their family, once they are laid off.

With the whole software-piracy argument, there seems to be an inherent assumption that the people who have pirated copies would otherwise be paying-customers, which is a totally baseless assumption for various reasons, the video I have posted talks about why this isn't the case, & as pointed out by @TracerBullet, sometimes the fee is simply beyond the means of a consumer, & also given that using pirated copies can pose a huge risk of malware to the user, & if a person STILL prefers pirated copies over paying for official software, then clearly, they simply don't want to pay or can't afford to pay.

Just like you made the emotional argument about feeding the family, struggling traders (like 80-90% of all traders) could make the argument that they need a software like Amibroker because they are not making money from the market, & because they aren't making money, they are struggling to feed their family, so they can't afford to pay for the software, & they would consider paying if & when they are able to make money with the software. And, correct me if I'm wrong but I presume the developers of Amibroker are probably doing much better financially, than millions of struggling traders who use pirated copies.

It seems that you are taking this topic very personally, so I don't think you are in a mental state to respond logically, so I'm going to refrain from further indulging you on this topic before things get really sour. Good day.

rmike

You don't have to have worked in a field in order for your opinion to have validity
Sure!!!

You can have no knowledge of trading but can still think that your opinion about nuances of trading matters!!! :rolleyes:

OR

You've never created a software and probably would not be able to tell the difference between nuances of elegant coding from a hole in ground. BUT Certainly!!! You can consider yourself to be an expert on the subject!!!

Yeah Sure!!!

When it comes right down to it - All that you have to say here is that its OK to steal from people eg Amibroker Creator in this case, because he's probably better off than poor struggling traders!!! :rolleyes:

Which effectively translates to - that its OK for any person to steal from YOU if he/ she happens to be poorer than you!!!

Yup!!! Things will probably get sour!!!

Last edited:

rmike

It is evident that you are intelligent and I don't have to guess
If you used your intelligence you'd also know that the edition in question was out of print at the time and what was being asked for was a purchased copy!!!! ............. There was no need to ask otherwise since am sure that other kind of copies are available on the net even today!!!

you chose the worst of all as an example here) with the same yardstick.
Since language may not be your strong point ....... So read again!!!

What has been highlighted is the tendency of such people to condone their wrongdoings by putting forth warped logic ..... even when they happen to know better!!!

Last edited:

rmike

I was just thinking everybody is getting what was rightfully their so I asked for my kohinoor..
Kudos to your Noble Crusade!!!:rolleyes:

And ..... You decided to raise this demand in a forum meant for traders ..... And in a thread pertaining to Amibroker Software!!!

Is the Kohinoor with Tomasz perhaps?! OR it could probably be in the possession of one of the forum members OR Perhaps, @Traderji may certainly have it tucked around here somewhere ..... for all you know!!! :rolleyes:

OR maybe you happen to consider these people the bonafide appellate for you to apply to, in your Noble Quest!!!???

Am sure people must be stopping you on the street to congratulate you upon your process of, what you mistakenly consider, as rational thought!!! :rolleyes:

And ..... Hallelujah!!! Here you are with another pet Noble Crusade up your sleeve!!!

we all have studied ki wasco de gama bharat aaya...
Quite the busy l'il Noble Crusader, aren't you???!!!

So, tell me ......... did you then, as a hallmark of tangible affirmative action, go to Portugal and give them hell for it???!!!

No???!!! ..... Yeah, too much effort, I know!!! But .......... That is ...... if you even knew that Vasco Da Gama was Portuguese ....... You couldn't even get the name right :rolleyes: ...... which is about par for some semi literate kid ..... all that he can do is shoot off his mouth in free to join forums .... and seriously sucks even at that!!!

But certainly ..... going by the same logic ..... you surely must've ran riot at your broker's office OR start a shooting spree in the exchange, at the very least, because they did not give you a good price on your trades!!!

No ...... Again???!!!

But tell me ...... your beef with Portugal is understood ......... but the creator of Amibroker is a Polish national (FYI). And even you must know that Poland never did India dirty!!!

Then ..... why must you have angst against Poland too???!!! OR in, what you call as your rational brain, do you happen to think that because something happened in the past .... it gives you the licence to harbour resentment against the world in general???!!!

You Know .........

When 26/11 happened in Mumbai ....

And when one of those scum was caught alive ..... this is what he had to say ...... He completely believed that because he was poor, illiterate, and unfit for any job, except the most menial ... the world owed him for that ..... And that he must do jihad (read ... kill indiscriminately) to get what was owed to him???!!!:rolleyes:

Reminds one of the ...... oh the so poor struggling trader logic(??!!)

You know what the world calls such people and how it treats them???!!!

Well then ...... food for thought ...... You are treading down that same road with your ideas!!!

And, I am guessing here, if you're not that stupid as you sound ...... then better Grow Up!!! ......... And Grow Out ......... of this compulsive need to cut an extremely sorry figure in public discussions by illiterate and illogical ramblings!!!

But you're welcome to prove my guess wrong!!!

Last edited: