Best ULIP- ICICI Pru Lifestage wealth?

This seems to be the best ULIP & I am thinking of investing in it as I would like to invest some of my money in places other than equity.
There are no allocation charges, only 1.35% of fund management charge per year.
But that main thing is, The plan gives the flexibility to invest 100% in equity & if the markets are down, it will be automatically switched to 100% debt. The salesman told me this facility is not available in any other plan, I don't know how true this is. There are plans which allow you to split your investment into equity & debt, but no plan allows you to have the flexibility to shift 100% of your investment from equity to debt or vice versa.
Of course the 3 year lockin period is there.
But after comparing some plans, this does seem to be a very good plan, any comments, ideas?

Whether a plan is good or bad depends on the needs it proposes to satisfy.
The plan definitely offers some flexibility in allocating funds but certainly not something that cannot be done more effectively with mutual Fund + term plan

Some idea about charges:
Situation 1
Yrly premium Rs 20000
sum assured: Rs 100000
Policy admin charge (PAC): Rs 2640 (for first 5 yrs)
PAC as % of premium: 13%

Situation 2

Yrly premium Rs 20000
Sum assured: Rs 500000 ( assuming you want to have any meaningful life cover)
PAC: Rs 12000
PAC as % of Premium : 60%

PS: I rather dislike the idea of shifting my money into debt when the market is down. I guess money needs to be shifted to debt when it is up and shifted back to equity when market tanks. That way you buy low and sell high.

The plan definitely offers some flexibility in allocating funds but certainly not something that cannot be done more effectively with mutual Fund + term plan

Some idea about charges:
Situation 1
Yrly premium Rs 20000
sum assured: Rs 100000
Policy admin charge (PAC): Rs 2640 (for first 5 yrs)
PAC as % of premium: 13%

Situation 2

Yrly premium Rs 20000
Sum assured: Rs 500000 ( assuming you want to have any meaningful life cover)
PAC: Rs 12000
PAC as % of Premium : 60%

PS: I rather dislike the idea of shifting my money into debt when the market is down. I guess money needs to be shifted to debt when it is up and shifted back to equity when market tanks. That way you buy low and sell high.

Here basic question arises - Is it that easy to catch top & bottoms of market?
I dont think its possible always even for big fund managers or all big funds would have been in massive profits.:thumb:

Have you guys heard of the new Future Generali ULIP??.. Its called a Select Investment Plan with some really low ticket premium options ( Rs 18000 yearly) and five funds in which you can choose to invest your premium.

If market conditions change then you can also switch your investment plan and also vary your investments. At any time during the policy period if you feel the plan is not giving you enough benefits you can also surrender the policy and get the amount payable as per the fund value less discontinue charges !

I guess this is a good option !

@angelicamathur: almost all ulips offer these features that you mentioned. A low premium means less investible surplus. How ever the most important consideration is the costs. Could you elaborate on the various charges of the policy?

I recently got a news that 454 Branches of Private Life Insurance companies have been Closed because there business is Hopeless & Mutual Fund Agents are not Active.

Of these, ICICI Prudential Life accounts for 360, HDFC Standard Life 32, Max New York Life 31, and MetLife Insurance 19, a senior Irda official told Financial Chronicle.

LIC is the only insurance company which launch ULIP after 1st Sept 2010.

The LIC's New Endowment plan is good one.

The plan definitely offers some flexibility in allocating funds but certainly not something that cannot be done more effectively with mutual Fund+term insurance.

Hi palka

Cn you pls help me with the abov term" term insurance + mutual fund"

Pls note at the present i m not hving any life insurance cover , p.anning to hv one. But my problem is should i go to term insurance or life insurance.

With term insurance i m getting more amt in case of miss happening , but the case is not same if i go fr insurance over. But benefit with the same is i will invtedamt with bonous at the end if notinggoes wrong.

Should i go fr invting in term insurance + mf . Or term insurance + lifeinsurance + mf.

I m not feeling insurancecover is impt as term inc is covering evering thing,wht do u say

Thnk s