best triple moving average crossover

vsreeram77

dear friends

can anybody suggest me best triple moving average crossover values

i am using 1,4,16 triple ema crossover, in choppy markets it gives lot of fake entries, how to filter entries

also let me know the best triple ema crossover parameter for trading

raul12

dear friends

i am using 1,4,16 triple ema crossover, in choppy markets it gives lot of fake entries, how to filter entries

Dear vsreeram,

Pls note that ema crossover systems are lagging systems and they ALWAYS perform VERY WELL in TRENDING markets and produce multiple WHIPSAWS in SIDEWAYS market.

hence there is not PERFECT combination of ema's so to speak.

suri112000

dear friends

Are you trying to trade intraday or positional with triple MAs?

Mind you brother........

MA crossovers are trend following indicators.......and thus you are chopped to bones in choppy markets. One should have a very strong mind to whither the extreme drawdowns and failed trades to win on this type of strategies.

Technically no parameter is best. You need to tweak them by testing/optimising rigorously on Charting Softwares. Then paper trade them for 2-3 months. If profitable still, you can embark on trading with very.....very little money to test waters in real trading.

dear friends

what's your time frame ??

vsreeram77

i tried with ema1, ema4,ema16

in choppymarkets it is giving lot of fake entries, and eating the profits which we made

in forex markets 15 min, indian markets 5 min time frame tested

raul12

vsreeram,

The higher the timeframe the lower the whipsaws but also you'll get lower trades.

Also, the main advantage of making profits via any ema crossover strategy is to LET YOUR PROFITS RUN because multiple losses incurred during the choppy markets will be easily recovered during trending markets.
Hence no second guessing should be done or else you may miss the big TRENDING move.... :)

PS: You can also read about Stockhunter's 315 strategy from the thread. It might be of interest to you.