Best Time to enter Breakouts

raynor

i am following 15 min candles for day trading... but many a times breakouts are becoming false brekouts by forming tails... to avoid this when a breakout occurs in 15 minutes time frame it is better to enter trade in last five minutes and it will also give less mental stress..

many times this happen

At times we have observed breakout occurs in first 2 or 3 minutes of 15 tf candle and that too prices suddenly sky rockets and then what we doo...

Inorder to catch that breakout we put a buy at market price order...

But what happens next....

Alas we are the ones who bought the stocks at high of that candle...

then what happens....

either price starts to decrease in that candle during last 5 minutes... or price donot further moves up after we bought....

in the next candles price starts decreasing by forming red candles.... fear grips us and immediately we place a sell order at market price...

sometimes again later price moves up in nxt candle... continuing the breakout... but we have closed the position already so painfuly again watching that price movement ...

in order to avoid all these mess even a breakout occurs at first 5 minutes of the 15 tf candle... by buying at last 5 minutes perhaps we may be getting better prices... perhaps more than that we will be having less stress.. and perhaps we may be getting more time for decision making....

amitrandive

i am following 15 min candles for day trading... but many a times breakouts are becoming false brekouts by forming tails... to avoid this when a breakout occurs in 15 minutes time frame it is better to enter trade in last five minutes and it will also give less mental stress..

many times this happen

At times we have observed breakout occurs in first 2 or 3 minutes of 15 tf candle and that too prices suddenly sky rockets and then what we doo...

then what happens....

either price starts to decrease in that candle during last 5 minutes... or price donot further moves up after we bought....

in the next candles price starts decreasing by forming red candles.... fear grips us and immediately we place a sell order at market price...

sometimes again later price moves up in nxt candle... continuing the breakout... but we have closed the position already so painfuly again watching that price movement ...

in order to avoid all these mess even a breakout occurs at first 5 minutes of the 15 tf candle... by buying at last 5 minutes perhaps we may be getting better prices... perhaps more than that we will be having less stress.. and perhaps we may be getting more time for decision making....
raynor

Can you please explain by an example with charts ?

kiran_thiru

many times this happen

then what happens....

i am using 15 min breakout method with little quantity from last 2 months to gain improvement on my method. i am enjoying my trading with small profits with my small capital. you can check my trading dairy to know how i am doing.

when 1st candle formed, i placed a sl-m order with 0.1% slippage. suppose if a sbin made high of 2532 i placed an order @ 2534.1. if order executes i placed a stoploss order @ previous candle low minus slippage with double quantity to enter in reverse. if trade continue in my way i change the stoploss order as per previous candle.

this give me good profits in trading. but my problem is i don't wait for enough time when trend reverse and book profits early. and missed some trade enters too.

after market hours i post my charts with trade marks.