• Rogue Trader - true story

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Wolf of the wall street

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Trillion Dollar Bet- documentary

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Blackhole

Except Gafla.. and Trillion dollar bet docu, I have seen them all. Margin call is my favourite. A real hard hitting survival story of a bunch of wall street sharks at the expense of killing the market for thousands of innocents. The best part is, when their money management model goes turtle they go for damage control on war footing without any filmi shoon-shaan or useless emotional calls to the morality. Just perfect. Kevin Spacey, Zachary Quinto, Jermy Irons... topnotch lineup.

yeah it my fav too.....u forgot simon baker(ceo),stanley tucci(eric dale),paul bettany(will emerson)....

Its inspired by lehman brothers, they have huge exposure to mortgages, insurance derivatives....

this movie have nuisance of corporate culture and bad politics as well.

Dax Devil

yeah it my fav too.....u forgot simon baker(ceo),stanley tucci(eric dale),paul bettany(will emerson)....

Its inspired by lehman brothers, they have huge exposure to mortgages, insurance derivatives....

this movie have nuisance of corporate culture and bad politics as well.
No, I didn't forget. those 3 dots were meant for them. :)

The whole cast was inspired, apart from wooden Demi Moore. She hasn't aged well for sure. Anyway this is a movie that I still see once in a while.

Blackhole

Except Gafla.. and Trillion dollar bet docu, I have seen them all. Margin call is my favourite. A real hard hitting survival story of a bunch of wall street sharks at the expense of killing the market for thousands of innocents. The best part is, when their money management model goes turtle they go for damage control on war footing without any filmi shoon-shaan or useless emotional calls to the morality. Just perfect. Kevin Spacey, Zachary Quinto, Jermy Irons... topnotch lineup.
well gafla was based on rise of Harshad mehta n trillion dollar bet is bbc documentary on market crush it is based on Noble price winner black /scholes /bob.. option pricing is based on this guys models.

SO it tells us....academic genius is no good when it comes to markets. Sane decision making on right time taken even by average person makes the difference.

If going only after language terminology about trading and how it can be used is allowed in this thread, then the following would be a movie which belongs here:

THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123

Blackhole

If going only after language terminology about trading and how it can be used is allowed in this thread, then the following would be a movie which belongs here:

THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123
Sir its an open forum and thread, everything is allowed(unethical excluded).:), thanks for the movie.

well i suggest people to go thru general tubes for trading documentaries like BBC documentary(series) MILLION dollar traders based on lex van dam / anton with 8 ordinary people managed fund (trials)

mastermind007

I saw Gafla this weekend ... I used to be a college student when Harshad Mehta was on roll.

Who was the Thakur character and who does he map to now?

Snake.Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--H8SY334Zw

"Floored" - The Emotional Ups and Downs of Trading

This documentary captures all the highs and lows of being a trader moving from the trenches of the trading pits to the electronic trading screens. The repercussions for the old-school floor traders left behind by the electronic trading revolution are clearly portrayed. Their ardent stubbornness illustrates their downfall. Adapt or be eliminated is the universal theme in this film, very much like the markets. Candid interviews with both successful and struggling traders provide rare insights into the impact of this profession on lifestyle, family and overall psyche. Traders will be inspired by many facets of this film, which truly captures the essence of trading for a living.