Best scalping time interval

comm4300

What is the best time interval (10, 30, 60min...) for scalping intraday on NSE ?

Sunder
Scalping can be done on any TF; but mostly done on smaller time frame of 1m, 5m and 10m max...

The idea of scalping is to make small profit in each trade. so more the number of trades, more the profit...

jagankris

Scalping can be done on any TF; but mostly done on smaller time frame of 1m, 5m and 10m max...

The idea of scalping is to make small profit in each trade. so more the number of trades, more the profit...

5M tf - Max 5 trades a day.With 10 M tf max 3 trades a day.
Does this comes under scalping ?

More than a minute doesn't comes under scalping category at least in my understanding.
so more the number of trades, more the profit - In theory yes :)

More the trades and more the profit for the broker :rofl:

To whom scalping is suitable ?
What is the risk reward ratio for scalping ?

Last edited:

columbus

Scalping stocks is a term used that represents a stock trading strategy that involves the potential of making profits, or having losses, very quickly, often within seconds or minutes.

Being successful at this type of stock trading requires several key traits. Here are some of them, including :

Being able to stare at a computer screen for long periods of time.Able to work without being distracted.
Available to trade during mostly morning hours.
Ability to accept being wrong and getting out of a losing trade quickly.
Have access to an advanced trading program.
Own a current, fast processing computer.
Have a fast, reliable Internet connection with a backup connection.Have a power backup for your trading computer.
Have the ability to make sound, quick decisions without being influenced easily.

Source:Internet

jagankris

Scalping stocks is a term used that represents a stock trading strategy that involves the potential of making profits, or having losses, very quickly, often within seconds or minutes.

Being successful at this type of stock trading requires several key traits. Here are some of them, including :

Being able to stare at a computer screen for long periods of time.
Able to work without being distracted.
Ability to accept being wrong and getting out of a losing trade quickly.
Have the ability to make sound, quick decisions without being influenced easily.
Thanks Columbus ji.

1.Practically is it possible ?
2.Idle age for a scalper ?

Advanced trading sw's for scalping - please give us an example.

columbus

Thanks Columbus ji.

1.Practically is it possible ?
2.Idle age for a scalper ?

Advanced trading sw's for scalping - please give us an example.
Hi JK,

Why not ?A scalper looks at +10 point rise ,for example, he/she books loss
by -10 points,in case trend goes against.
As far as age is concerned,no lower age bar but there is upper age bar
which changes from person to person.(Basically it depends on his/her
commitments,stature in society etc etc).
Few years back ,I started trading based on WEB version (with NO charts,
even for SENSEX and NIFTY).Now I am using TradeTiger which has full
charting software.No doubt it is a advanced one ,compared to previous.

If the interval is too small, don't you think that I end up making large number of trades & loosing more money in brokerage ? By the way, what kind of brokerage rates are good for scalping ?

Sunder

5M tf - Max 5 trades a day.With 10 M tf max 3 trades a day.
Does this comes under scalping ?

More than a minute doesn't comes under scalping category at least in my understanding.
so more the number of trades, more the profit - In theory yes :)

More the trades and more the profit for the broker :rofl:

To whom scalping is suitable ?
What is the risk reward ratio for scalping ?
any time frame which is more then one minute does not come under scalping that is the 100% perfect answer if some body know how scalping is done on technically, i am feared some body know , as most of the people giving reply some body 10 m 15 m 5 m all absolutly wrong answers thanks